Which teams need to upgrade at goalie this offseason?

generalshepherd141

Jun 12, 2017
America
Who are some teams that could pursue a goalie this offseason, and any ideas on who these goalies might be?

Florida -> Bobrovsky: seems pretty obvious and has been widely speculated for the last year
I'm not sure who these teams might go after but they probably need a goalie:
Calgary
Columbus
Edmonton
New Jersey
San Jose (although this may be more of a coaching issue)

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Varlamov will probably be on the move.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
SAN. JOSE.

Great team that's about to be completely torpedoed by Martin Jones poor impression of what an NHL goalie is supposed to be.

Reactions: Nighthock

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think the LA Kings could move Jonathan Quick during the offseason. Not sure if the team around him beeing horrible was the reason for his bad year or his injuries starting the have in impact on his play but teams probably will be very interested.

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
Edmonton should, but can they ?

We’re tied to Koskinen for a while, but our backup is less clear. Starrett was the best goalie in the AHL, but he’s only had 45 games at that level, and 39 in the echl.

Reactions: Bruhin

Nashology

Dec 21, 2006
San Jose seems like an obvious answer.

Championship calibre team with ECHL goaltending.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
The Sharks. Martin Jones literally had sub 900 save percentage this year, and we still got second in the west. I think he can bounce back though.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The Sharks. Martin Jones literally had sub 900 save percentage this year, and we still got second in the west. I think he can bounce back though.

The Jones contract will be a problem though . That thing is not tradeable ( maybe for Corey Schneider and hope for the best ? ) unless he at least somewhat rebounds. If the Sharks want to aquire an upgrade they're likely looking at 10+ Million a year for goaltending because Jones in all likelyhood would still be there .

Stars had a similar problem with Lehtonen in his last years and Jones contract just started

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
I think Columbus is likely to go with some combination of Korpisalo and Elvis Merzlikens and probably sign a journeyman backup like Kindkaid or McBackup

Reactions: Viqsi

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
With so many teams needing a goalie i wonder if the blues can sell off allen as an asset as opposed to a cap dump.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Edmonton should, but can they ?

We’re tied to Koskinen for a while, but our backup is less clear. Starrett was the best goalie in the AHL, but he’s only had 45 games at that level, and 39 in the echl.
He sounds more than qualified for a brand new 3x4 contract then.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
New Jersey does not need an upgrade at goaltending this summer at all.

90% of our fans, and most importantly our management, are very happy with Schneider + Blackwood as the duo going into next season.

Reactions: HBK27

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Detroit needs to although some seem to be complacent with a mediocre Howard
Yzerman won't be complacent about that. I think a guy like Jarry might become enticing to Yzerman, Pens will likely hitch some contract to it.

But without it turning into a trade proposal, your new GM won't make it that way for long.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
NJ needs better goaltending, but Schnieder's bounce back in the 2nd half was encouraging as was Blackwood's play in his time. I doubt they go out and get anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad