Speculation: Which teams move their 1st rounders at the draft?

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I don't think Chicago holds on to Nashville's 1st. A lot of different routes they can go with using it with a trade but I doubt they feel that's a draft spot they are adamant they need to stay at given their core window

Reactions: iSophagus

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
The Blues pick from Winnipeg has about a 90% chance of being moved with a + for a top 6 RW or C. I personally don't think there is a chance they keep the pick, but if the right deal isn't out there, they could keep it. Just don't see that happening though.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I think Philly could package their 14th and 19th along with Simmonds to move up into the top 7 or so in this years draft....

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Edmonton, at this point I'd be more surprised if we held on to the pick

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I think the Leafs are going to move down. Not much of a difference between 25 and 55 this draft unless someone falls unexpectedly.

Depends what the teams picking twice in the 1st round do to be honest, Ottawa and a few other teams are allergic to Russians so that might drop Denisenko and Kravtsov lower than they should be.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think the Leafs are going to move down. Not much of a difference between 25 and 55 this draft unless someone falls unexpectedly.

Depends what the teams picking twice in the 1st round do to be honest, Ottawa and a few other teams are allergic to Russians so that might drop Denisenko and Kravtsov lower than they should be.

I don't think Toronto moves down, I think if they move the pick they move it outright for a D man

Reactions: shello

Brophy

Oct 18, 2007
Redondo Beach
I could see Hextall trading these 1rst rounders, if theres a forward, maybe Sam Bennett ish player...

honestly id hang on to em, draft a couple of these wingers that might fall around those numbers and work some magic

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Which teams do you think are most likely to move their 1st rounders at the draft?
Do the nyi think Tavares is leaning towards staying? Then imo they package one of their 1st for a durable, steady top 4D and use the other 1st to draft a center or defenseman.

If the isles think Tavares is leaning towards leaving, they keep and use both their 1st rounders. According to Staple, isles feel Toews will be ready to step into a top 4 role in 2018-2019. A rebuilding or retooling isles can take that chance.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Do the nyi think Tavares is leaning towards staying? Then imo they package one of their 1st for a durable, steady top 4D and use the other 1st to draft a center or defenseman.

If the isles think Tavares is leaning towards leaving, they keep and use both their 1st rounders. According to Staple, isles feel Toews will be ready to step into a top 4 role in 2018-2019. A rebuilding or retooling isles can take that chance.

I think if they think he's leaving it's time to blow it up I think you see what you can get for Leddy and Boychuk, Eberle and Lee, I think if JT leaves they need a full rebuild

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I don't think Chicago holds on to Nashville's 1st. A lot of different routes they can go with using it with a trade but I doubt they feel that's a draft spot they are adamant they need to stay at given their core window

In that case, Boston would be interested. I imagine that the Bruins would like to reclaim a first-round pick after having trading its own in the Rick Nash deal.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Depends where a team sits in the draft, and relative to where they feel they're at.

Buffalo will not. Obvious reasons, among them the fact the team lacks top end talent, especially defensively. Had they ended up #2 - #4, then they may have to try and address that need, and/or other needs.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
It's never made more sense for a team to trade down from the top 3 as it does for the Habs this year. They would want to remain in the top 9 unless a very good C prospect was part of the deal.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Arizona (5th OA)
Edmonton (10th OA)
NY Islanders (11th &/or 12th OA)
Toronto (either late 1st rd pick or both)

Reactions: iSophagus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad