Which teams can surprise 2017-2018?

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
East:. Leafs, Devils, Flyers, Hurricanes, Bolts all show significant improvement. Panthers hit rock bottom. Washington looks old and slow and regresses quickly. Boston and Ottawa miss the playoffs.

West: Oilers struggle to get secondary scoring and miss the playoffs. Jets have an unbelievable year offensively and grab home ice in first round. San Jose misses the playoffs. Chicago misses the playoffs. Arizona and Dallas squeak in.

Damn these are some bold takes that I absolutely could live with.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
East:. Leafs, Devils, Flyers, Hurricanes, Bolts all show significant improvement. Panthers hit rock bottom. Washington looks old and slow and regresses quickly. Boston and Ottawa miss the playoffs.

West: Oilers struggle to get secondary scoring and miss the playoffs. Jets have an unbelievable year offensively and grab home ice in first round. San Jose misses the playoffs. Chicago misses the playoffs. Arizona and Dallas squeak in.

Most of that seems reasonable to me (so it won´t happen :laugh: ).

Why would the Panthers hit rock bottom? I expect them to do well being healthier.

I also think the Oilers will be fine.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Rangers will be better than last year with Girardi and Staal no longer in the top 4 and constantly pinned in their zone. This might be the biggest offseason move the team makes (and I was one of their biggest defenders, but good lord they could not move the puck up the ice and it took a huge toll on the other players on the ice).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad