Which teams can surprise 2017-2018?

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I know most teams will make more deals/signings before the upcoming season starts, but as it stands now, with both expansion draft, regular draft + some pretty big trades done, which teams might surprise - either positively or negatively?

My guesses are:

POSITIVELY

Arizona (will sneak into the playoffs)

NEGATIVELY

Chicago (will miss the playoffs)

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
East:. Leafs, Devils, Flyers, Hurricanes, Bolts all show significant improvement. Panthers hit rock bottom. Washington looks old and slow and regresses quickly. Boston and Ottawa miss the playoffs.

West: Oilers struggle to get secondary scoring and miss the playoffs. Jets have an unbelievable year offensively and grab home ice in first round. San Jose misses the playoffs. Chicago misses the playoffs. Arizona and Dallas squeak in.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
East:. Leafs, Devils, Flyers, Hurricanes, Bolts all show significant improvement. Panthers hit rock bottom. Washington looks old and slow and regresses quickly. Boston and Ottawa miss the playoffs.

West: Oilers struggle to get secondary scoring and miss the playoffs. Jets have an unbelievable year offensively and grab home ice in first round. San Jose misses the playoffs. Chicago misses the playoffs. Arizona and Dallas squeak in.

I'm on board with a lot of this

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

GOD i hope you are right . :handclap:

SnoopDogg

Gin and Juice
Jan 13, 2016
Buffalo
I'm not 100% confident about this as I said this last year but I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo is better than what everybody else thinks. We finally have a competent GM and coach and my expectations are high.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I think Ottawa battles right til the end in the Atlantic possibly winning it. Then wins a round or two in the playoffs. And given the credit they received this past season it'll be a surprise

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I think Ottawa battles right til the end in the Atlantic possibly winning it. Then wins a round or two in the playoffs. And given the credit they received this past season it'll be a surprise

Karlsson is gone 4 months and might even miss the start of the season.

If that happens, Ottawa will struggle.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Arizona will surprise and probably contend for a wild card.

Chicago made a few backwards moves yesterday and Hossa's gone for the season, they may miss the playoffs.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Can't see Chicago missing the playoffs. Still have a solid team. I think they have a few more moves to make.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Toronto Maple Leafs win the Atlantic division...coming from a Habs fan.

Winnipeg and Arizona both make the playoffs in the West.

Carolina makes the playoffs in the East.

Sir Karlsson

Apr 9, 2017
Could see the Habs take a big step back with their current D.

Not sure why Arizona is being pumped up, still looks like a pretty bad roster. Maybe in a few years they can compete for a playoff spot but not now lol

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
In the Eastern Conference I think Tampa Bay makes the playoffs and Boston does not.

In the Western Conference I think Dallas makes the playoffs and St. Louis does not.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Horvat and Boeser kick it up a notch while the sedins find a little magic left in the tank
Canucks stay healthy and squeak into the playoffs only to be swept in the first round :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad