Which team would produce the best line in the NHL if all three of their best players were on it?

Which could make the best line?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Winnipeg has 2 players top 15 in goals
#1 and #12
(Laine and scheifele )

Wheeler is 3rd for assists in the league
)While the 2 players ahead of him have 2 extra games played already)

And Winnipeg has the best power play in the league with those 3 on it

Winnipeg of course not getting enough love

And wasn't Boston's top line actually the best line in the league when healthy?

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I get the Penguins winning the poll, but calm down with the "easily" talk.

I believe we are starting to witness the beginning trend of that segment of people who are hanging onto the past, I mean all credit to the Penguins but go take a look at where they sit in the standings, certainly these three players of theirs are no longer the collective force they used to be. If they were they wouldn't be in the basement of the NHL nearly 40% into the season, and as we all know 3 players is more than enough to turn around a franchise.

Now take a look at where Toronto sits in the standings.

As of the 2018/19 season this is the Toronto Maple Leafs with Matthews-Marner-Nylander-Tavares-Rielly to pick from.

That is just the cold hard reality, unless you want to cling onto the past sure.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016

I believe we are starting to witness the beginning trend of that segment of people who are hanging onto the past, I mean all credit to the Penguins but go take a look at where they sit in the standings, certainly these three players of theirs are no longer the collective force they used to be. If they were they wouldn't be in the basement of the NHL nearly 40% into the season, and as we all know 3 players is more than enough to turn around a franchise.

As of the 2018/19 season this is the Toronto Maple Leafs with Matthews-Marner-Nylander-Tavares-Rielly to pick from.

That is just the cold hard reality, unless you want to cling onto the past sure.

There and argument about clinging onto the past, But using the leafs as an example is a good one lol

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Winnipeg has 2 players top 15 in goals
#1 and #12
(Laine and scheifele )

Wheeler is 3rd for assists in the league
)While the 2 players ahead of him have 2 extra games played already)

And Winnipeg has the best power play in the league with those 3 on it

Winnipeg of course not getting enough love

And wasn't Boston's top line actually the best line in the league when healthy?

And the Avs have 2 players in the Top 10 for Goals(Mackinnon 7th, Landeskog 10th).

The Avs have the 2 league leading scorers and a 3rd in the Top 15. They also have the league leader in assists.

Not sure how Winnipeg is in the discussion really. They could put together a good line but it doesn't compare to Colorado, Toronto, or Pittsburgh and what those 3 would build.

Again, outside of the Leafs bias nobody is going to take a trio over the Avs trio right now. They literally have the 2 most productive players in the entire NHL, and a 3rd guy sitting in the Top 15 in the league. Nobody else in the NHL has that, including your Leafs.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
And the Avs have 2 players in the Top 10 for Goals(Mackinnon 7th, Landeskog 10th).

The Avs have the 2 league leading scorers and a 3rd in the Top 15. They also have the league leader in assists.

Not sure howWinnipeg is in the discussion really. They could put together a good line but it doesn't compare to Colorado, Toronto, or Pittsburgh and what those 3 would build.

Pretty sure i gave you the reasons how

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Pretty sure i gave you the reasons how

Except your reasons are awful. I just showed you how one team beats them in literally every category. Better point producers, better goal scorers, and better playmaking.

And you made up a stat about Winnipeg having the best PP. The Avs have the #1 PP in the league by a pretty decent margin.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Except your reasons are awful. I just showed you how one team beats them in literally every category. Better point producers, better goal scorers, and better playmaking.

And you made up a stat about Winnipeg having the best PP. The Avs have the #1 PP in the league by a pretty decent margin.

They're awful?

2 games ago scheifele was 7th for centres(is 10th now) and is #12 for goals
Wheeler is top 10 for total scoring and 3rd for assists(3 assist behind first with 2 games in hand)
And Laine is #1 for goals

Colarado's power play conversion is 30.9 percent

Winnipeg's 29.3

So by 1 percent. I'm guessing a game or 2 ago Winnipeg's conversion was at one time higher when the statistic was said
That makes Colorado 1st and Winnipeg 2nd

So I don't know how that's an awful argument. Pretty reasonable

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

So you’re willing to write off the Pens because you want to exclusively focus on this season, but then by that logic the Avalanche’s top line is the logical choice because they have the 2 highest scoring players in the league.

Plus all 3 Penguins are in the top 20 in league scoring and that’s with Crosby having missed games. So your reasoning as to why the Penguins have been bad doesn’t check out.

Write that team off at your own peril though. They’re trending up.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Pretty sure Pitt tried Malkin - Crosby together and it didn't work. Actually, I don't think Kessel worked with them either considering he drove the third line on the cup winners.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
There and argument about clinging onto the past, But using the leafs as an example is a good one lol

I fail to see your logic, when I mention the Leafs being being the answer to this question I am looking at the present and the future, was Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander and Mo in the past? No so what are you talking about exactly?

Look I know it still remains a very difficult thing to do for others to admit that Toronto has the brightest future of all NHL teams by a large margin but there comes a time when denial can only take you so far.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
anybody who says easily in here is being ignorant.

But I’d say caps and pens. Leafs third.

Reactions: Dache

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I fail to see your logic, when I mention the Leafs being being the answer to this question I am looking at the present and the future, was Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander and Mo in the past? No so what are you talking about exactly?

Look I know it still remains a very difficult thing to do for others to admit that Toronto has the brightest future of all NHL teams by a large margin but there comes a time when denial can only take you so far.

Lol the arrogance
I disagree. Leafs "cheated" getting tavares meaning they didnt budget for him. Good luck signing marner and Matthews while having a decent defense

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I'm just curious as to where all this Kessel doesn't work with Sid or Genoa stuff is coming from?

Please don't bring up the HBK cup run as your reasoning. It's flat out wrong.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
I'll take the avs trio since I already know they make work as a line and are the best trio in the league.

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
The Colorado line is the best line in hockey rn.

I can see the appeal of the pens line though. Theoretically, it would work.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I love the bizarre poll questions Leafs fans invent to try and get people to vote for Leafs players.

maybe if I bundle Tavares and Marner with Matthews, people will think Matthews the best player in the league!

Yikes, so damn paranoid.
1425666867375167.jpg

Feels like a valid question to me, anyway gimme the Bruins, known commodity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad