Which team would produce the best line in the NHL if all three of their best players were on it?

Which could make the best line?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Colorado

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen

Boston

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak

Tamp Bay

Stamkos-Point-Kucherov

Toronto

Tavares-Matthews-Marner

Pittsburgh

Malkin-Crosby-Kessel

Washington

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Kuznetsov

Edmonton

Draisaitl-McDavid-RNH

Winnipeg

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
All fantastic lines. I picked the Pens but I could have easily picked Bolts or Bruins. Oilers trio is the weakest despite having McDavid on it as RNH is by far the worst player listed and Draisatl is probably the 3rd worst.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
All fantastic lines. I picked the Pens but I could have easily picked Bolts or Bruins. Oilers trio is the weakest despite having McDavid on it as RNH is by far the worst player listed and Draisatl is probably the 3rd worst.

You don't think the Toronto line would compare?

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Caps or pens.

OV = Malkin
Backstrom < Crosby
Kuznetsov > Kessel

Probably pens.

I think those are the top 3 with Toronto. I would have it

Toronto
Pittsburgh
Washington
Tampa Bay

With Toronto they would have Tavares who is clearly better than Kessel, then if just based on this season I would say Matthews and Marner are more or less equal to Crosby and Malkin, they have really been that good.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Toronto
Pittsburgh
Washington
Tampa Bay

With Toronto they would have Tavares who is clearly better than Kessel, then if just based on this season I would say Matthews and Marner are more or less equal to Crosby and Malkin, they have really been that good.

You must be a Leafs fan.

This is Pittsburgh and it isn't really close.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016

Toronto
Pittsburgh
Washington
Tampa Bay

Toronto is 3rd for me.

OV = Malkin > Tavares
Crosby > Backstrom >= Matthews
Kuznetsov > Kessel >= Marner

Even if you want to say Matthews > Backstrom, Tavares and Marner are still clearly last in their comparison.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Toronto is 3rd for me.

OV = Malkin > Tavares
Crosby > Backstrom >= Matthews
Kuznetsov > Kessel >= Marner

Even if you want to say Matthews > Backstrom, Tavares and Marner are still clearly last in their comparison.

Those bolded parts are almost laughable if you've watched them all play this season, no offense.

How is Marner clearly worse than Kessel? Lol.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Backstrom is top 10 in pts and excellent defensively and has a proven track record, not sure what's laughable about that.

Kessel just put up 90+ pts last season and is still PPG+ while being a way better goal scorer. I'm not putting Marner ahead of him because he's been better for 25 games.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
While the Oilers have the single best player in the game, sadly the other 2 two guys on his team aren't even in the same realm as some of the other guys on these lines. The Pens take this one comfortably IMO. Probably followed by a healthy Boston line and the Avs/lightening followed by probably the Caps or Leafs.

Last edited:

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I was tempted just to pick Washington based on chemistry. I picked Tampa, I'm probably wrong but if all these teams played 3 on 3 with the same level of goalie in net... I couldn't decide so I just picked my favourite of those lines

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Colorado. Chemistry is a real thing. The Avs top line is the best in the league and there is no guarantee that some of these combinations would work as well.

Reactions: Ukki

brianbutler726

May 17, 2014
Pittsburgh
in theory it would be the pens easily but some of these lines wouldn't mesh well altogether there is only so much puck to go around and most of these players want the puck on their stick most of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad