OT: Which team will bring the next major championship to CO?

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I'm going to buck the trend and say the Avs within the next 3-5 years.

I think the Broncos will continue to be an excellent team, just not win the super bowl.

BK Avs

Nov 29, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Nah, a Colorado team will bring a championship to the Pepsi Center before the Broncos win again.

The Colorado Mammoth.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'm going to buck the trend and say the Avs within the next 3-5 years.

I think the Broncos will continue to be an excellent team, just not win the super bowl.

I don't know. I think the Broncos will have a good 3-5 years to win another Lombardi before the Avs have a real good shot. Wouldn't count out one more Bronco championship before the Cup comes here again.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
I'd still say it's the Broncos, mostly because you have to trust Elway as a GM more at this point than Sakic as a GM. Both took over the team after horrible seasons when they inherited a high pick. Sakic has a smaller sample size, but Sakic has probably had more notable mistakes than Elway has had so far (the Stuart extension, and I'd say the Berra extension, only because it was done way too early). Sakic is growing into his role and probably is aware of some of those missteps and can learn from them, but Elway has more or less made the right moves right away and ultimately he's got the hardware to prove it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
NFL you can build through FA, NHL it's the draft for the most part. Will remain to be seen how much of the D Elway can keep together and what to make of the QB situation. I don't think they are going to win again this lifecycle. So I do think the Avs are next up if they can get it built the right way.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
NFL you can build through FA, NHL it's the draft for the most part. Will remain to be seen how much of the D Elway can keep together and what to make of the QB situation. I don't think they are going to win again this lifecycle. So I do think the Avs are next up if they can get it built the right way.

There are very few examples of teams having success with FA the way Elway did, and I don't think one can dismiss it as something that just happens in the NFL. Building through the draft is still just as important in the NFL and the defense was built equally though drafting and developing.

I don't think Elway's success in 5 years is a flash in the pan. This sort of success doesn't happen regularly. BTW what is a "lifecycle"? Sounds long and awfully gloomy.

Wrath

Jan 13, 2012
If the Broncos can keep most of their key players (*ahem* DeMarcus Ware) then I don't see why they don't have a good shot to win it next year with Brock. Peyton makes less mistakes but Brock has the higher physical talent and upside now. In the AFC championship game and the super bowl Denver just showed that they don't need much from the QB at all to win with that defense.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
If the Broncos can keep most of their key players (*ahem* DeMarcus Ware) then I don't see why they don't have a good shot to win it next year with Brock. Peyton makes less mistakes but Brock has the higher physical talent and upside now. In the AFC championship game and the super bowl Denver just showed that they don't need much from the QB at all to win with that defense.

They will definitely need to get more out of the QB position and offensive line to repeat, but I think they can get more. They showed they can win once without better play from those areas but that's not a formula for a repeat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad