OT: Which team will bring the next major championship to CO?

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Was just thinking about it this morning. Avs are probably a few years from being a true contender if they continue on this trajectory. Broncos are a contender now, but will only have a few years of Peyton to get the ring. Can't really speak about the Nuggets or the Rockies, but they seem to be going nowhere fast.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Avs.

Rockies... enough said.
Nuggets will never get a superstar to stay around long enough to build a championship team.
Broncos won't get the Super Bowl before Payton retires, and will then have to rebuild for a while.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Avs.

Rockies... enough said.
Nuggets will never get a superstar to stay around long enough to build a championship team.
Broncos won't get the Super Bowl before Payton retires, and will then have to rebuild for a while.

Curious why do you say that? I hope they do not win one for their whole existence, but they seem like they have a great team to me and I am a throwball hater :laugh:.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
Next? The Broncos are most likely. I don't know how they respond to the Super Bowl beat down but on paper they are obviously the closest. It's a no brainer.

Long term, i.e. which team has best situated itself today to be in a posting to compete for a title 3-5 years from now, no question it's the Avs.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Curious why do you say that? I hope they do not win one for their whole existence, but they seem like they have a great team to me and I am a throwball hater :laugh:.

Too much competition for the championship. Seahawks and 49ers are clearly better teams with longer windows. The Patriots have roughly the same window, talent, and a better coach. The Colts, Packers, Eagles, and Panthers are teams in that 2nd tier that could compete next year with the right additions in the draft that have long windows. I'd put the Broncos as the ~4th best team in the NFL next year.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I expect the Avs to win the poll since it is the Colorado Avalanche forum but the Broncos are definitely the most likely. They just played in the superbowl and arguably got better since then.

The Avs certainly have a great future and I hope they win it all this year and prove that their future is now, but the Broncos already proved that which puts them ahead of the Avs in my mind.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
There's only 1 professional sports team in Colorado..
Not sure about that, there are other teams here in Colorado other than the Broncos.

I think it's the Broncos, but if they don't win one in the next couple of years, it's Rapids or Avs in my opinion. Rapids young talent can match Avs, key for the Rapids is to keep them instead of losing them to other countries.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Oh no, not this question. It's the origin of depression to discuss the four teams and their drought at once. Sigh.

The answer is the Avs. No other team has a shot. The Avs should have a legitimate window. And I've said this for a while now.

The Broncos had their shot. They will not go to the Super Bowl next year and after that their window is closed.

Nuggets are full rebuild and until they get a legit superstar they have no shot.

Nobody in baseball other than about 8 teams have a shot, the Rockies are not one of them.

If the Avs don't win it this decade then the drought will continue.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Voted Broncos. Made the Super Bowl last year, and are poised to make another run, but their window is closing quick.

Avs are the next best bet. Rockies and Nuggets will never happen (ex: "Rockies lol" :thumbu:).

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Broncos

There's no way Elway throws up his arms and tanks for the draft after Peyton retires. The Broncos will be expected to keep competing.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Broncos

There's no way Elway throws up his arms and tanks for the draft after Peyton retires. The Broncos will be expected to keep competing.

You're talking about the NFL though. If you don't have a QB you're tanking whether you want to or not.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Pretty much. They will have to take a real QB high if they ever want to get a new window. Welker is done after this year. DT and Julius will need new contracts. Von will soon too. Peyton's contract reverts back to year to year after this one. This year is the last roll on the merry go round.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Im torn between the Broncos and the Avs. I kind of want to say the Avs because I dont think that John Fox has what it takes to win a super bowl as a coach.

I also dont believe that the Broncos will need to rebuild after Manning leaves. I think Osweiler will be better than a lot of people think and is being over looked at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad