Which team takes the biggest step back this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Vegas because last year they overachieved (unless they do the right thing and give up the pieces to get EK)
Anaheim for the same reasons OP said

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
I think Vegas will be the team (that has expectations) to take the biggest step back. They came into last season with zero expectations and every player had something to prove to the teams that let them go. This season will be much different. Right out of the gate they will be a team that no longer creeps up on opponents, they will get the other teams best each night they play. They will be expected to be a playoff team which will bring a level of pressure they did not have last year.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
I think Vegas will be the team (that has expectations) to take the biggest step back. They came into last season with zero expectations and every player had something to prove to the teams that let them go. This season will be much different. Right out of the gate they will be a team that no longer creeps up on opponents, they will get the other teams best each night they play. They will be expected to be a playoff team which will bring a level of pressure they did not have last year.

Did you notice that they crept up on teams during the:

- preseason
- regular season
- playoffs

That's a lot of creeping, no?

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
So are people saying the Leafs [mod]?

Because I don't even like the leafs, and will hear an argument Tavares for the depth lost won't help them in the playoffs, but that is still a bonafide playoff team in cup contention barring incredible circumstances.

To answer OP though here are mine

Anaheim: As others have said, aging fast.

Vegas: Had a miracle run and a lot of momentum. Will take some losses in FA, teams will respect them more, and less magic. Can see them being a wildcard team due to weak division, but doubt they win a round.

NJ/CBJ: The Metro is bar none the hardest division. I don't think these teams are bad, but can see both falling out in favor of a Philly or Carolina.

Last edited by a moderator:

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
It's lazy to point at Vegas for the reasons listed above. Take a team like Colorado or Winnipeg and predict why you think they will regress. The Avs are young and one injury could set them back to out of the playoffs. Chemistry problems could doom the Jets and maybe Helly has an off year...

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I mean, its not like the islanders were great, but minus JT I would imagine they take a step back

from a bubble team to bottom 5

Reactions: Ana Crusis

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
They let in less GA than the last 2 teams that won the cup.

Let's not let facts and logic ruin people's chances of piling on the Leafs though!
And neither of those teams had the best team in the league. Both had a easier path to winning anyway than the leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad