Which team takes the biggest step back this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I don't mean a step back as going from for example a 103 point team to 100 point team, but someone who goes down at least 10 points in the standings OR you think misses the playoffs.

IMO my pick is the Ducks. Their forwards are aging and I am not super sold on their depth there. Defense is good but Gibson is a huge question mark IMO. With LA, Colorado, Edmonton, Calgary, and Dallas all looking to have better rosters on paper, I think this year they are a bubble team who misses.

Who are your picks?

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Wishful thinking. This is a team that can have the best record in the NHL.

Vegas is my pick. Possibly Toronto.

Anderson and their pp covers up all their many mistakes. They give up a lot of shots but have survived through it in the regular season. Just don’t be surprised if they do falter. Andersen can’t stand on his head forever. Sooner or later the defense has to be fixed to really get any where.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
The Buffalo Sabres.

No, but seriously. Vegas, maybe Boston and Winnipeg. Colorado could be one team, but they could just as well take another step forward IMO.

NJ is a limited team, Schneider sucking again could be detrimental.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
A team that added a top 10 player in the NHL while it’s under 21 core got a year better
A team that had a down year and their starter was injured
A team who finished 2nd last in the West

Don’t let logic get in the way though!

I think he misunderstood OP's question.... those 3 answers make no sense lol

Reactions: btimbit

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Washington will struggle to make the playoffs, Ovie takes a huge step back, doesnt crack 30 goals.

Boston's young D is going struggle with Chara declining really fast as the season progresses. Boston is a bubble team.

Vegas is going to be a bottom 10 team.

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
Anaheim is the quality team looking to take the biggest plunge in the standings this year. Getzlaf, Perry and Kessler are all getting a bit too old for this younger and quicker league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad