Which team scares you in playoffs

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Kingston possibly--Helvig/Peccia and the defense have done a great job keeping the Fronts in contention despite a lack of scoring (lowest scoring team in the OHL), with winger Jason Robertson leading the way offensively. And they've done well despite being very young..

They're a scary team to watch in the playoffs in the East--in fact, they have a shot at home ice, as they are leading the Dogs in Hamilton by 3 points.. and the Fronts are in a good position to surprise in the playoffs.

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
The Petes are a respectable team. They have won 12 of their last 14 games. They are the class of the East.

Hey Petes, apologies--just saw this now. I was probably unfair in suggesting the Petes weren't a "respectable" team as previous constituted, and certainly meant no disrespect to your team. I do think being the "class of the East" is pretty faint praise this year, but I'm pulling for the Petes and would love to see them make the finals competitive if they are able to win the East. It's exciting to see higher-calibre play come to Peterborough after a few lean years.

This discussion of Dale Hunter's coaching chops reminds me of a hilarious comment a NOOF poster made about the 2010 Barrie Colts and Marty Williamson "pulling a muscle opening the door for his all-star team." It's true that it's tough to gauge a coach's performance when he's blessed with so much talent, but I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. The Knights never seem to really underachieve (playoff losses to eventual league champions hardly count), while the 2009-2010 Knights in particular come to mind as a team that overachieved. Of course, overachievement/underachievement are rather crude metrics with which to evaluate coaches, which points again to how difficult it is to evaluate them.

ES, I enjoyed the rant. Personally I always cheer for the Hunter Knights over the Rychel Spitfires. At least London plays by the rules, even if they made most of them.

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
Nobody gets by a healthy London Knights. To many solid vets, offense, defense and goltending. Not to mention big game experience. Just the facts, I wouldn't bet against them.
Owen Sound. play hard, great goal tending, scoring talent. They can win it all.

Candellacrew1989

Jan 26, 2017
Windsor spitfires sue saint Marie greyhounds London knights west east missisauga Steele heads peterbourgh petes hamilton bulldogs my boys as darkhouse but we **** the bed 9/10

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Hey Petes, apologies--just saw this now. I was probably unfair in suggesting the Petes weren't a "respectable" team as previous constituted, and certainly meant no disrespect to your team. I do think being the "class of the East" is pretty faint praise this year, but I'm pulling for the Petes and would love to see them make the finals competitive if they are able to win the East. It's exciting to see higher-calibre play come to Peterborough after a few lean years.

This discussion of Dale Hunter's coaching chops reminds me of a hilarious comment a NOOF poster made about the 2010 Barrie Colts and Marty Williamson "pulling a muscle opening the door for his all-star team." It's true that it's tough to gauge a coach's performance when he's blessed with so much talent, but I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. The Knights never seem to really underachieve (playoff losses to eventual league champions hardly count), while the 2009-2010 Knights in particular come to mind as a team that overachieved. Of course, overachievement/underachievement are rather crude metrics with which to evaluate coaches, which points again to how difficult it is to evaluate them.

ES, I enjoyed the rant. Personally I always cheer for the Hunter Knights over the Rychel Spitfires. At least London plays by the rules, even if they made most of them.

Based on their early season record the Petes were not considered a strong team but as of late fall the Petes are considered to be very good team. They were a .500 team prior to December, but they have won 18 of their last 22 games and are now 1st in the East conference. With their recent additions and Tammela set return by March they will make some noise in the playoffs. How they match up against the top five in the West conference is yet to be determined. They have 3 wins, 2 regulation losses and 2 overtime losses in games with those 5 teams. They have 3 games left against these top teams.

Last edited:

Mayday3*

The Petes are the real deal. They were a .500 team prior to December, but they have won 18 of their last 22 games and are now 1st in the East conference. With their recent additions and Tammela set return by March they will make some noise in the playoffs. How they match up against the top five in the West conference is yet to be determined. They have 3 wins, 2 regulation losses and 2 overtime losses in games with those 5 teams. They have 3 games left against these top teams.

As someone that watches them all the time, I strongly disagree that they're the real deal. They need Wells to be unreal every single night just to win. If Wells goes on a stretch of games where he's not even bad, just average, they are in HUGE trouble. While saying that, they still should win the East because nobody in the East went for it this year except the Petes, but they need to be praying to whatever god they believe in that Windsor wins the west, because if its LDN/ERE then it'll be the most lopsided league final in OHL history

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
As someone that watches them all the time, I strongly disagree that they're the real deal. They need Wells to be unreal every single night just to win. If Wells goes on a stretch of games where he's not even bad, just average, they are in HUGE trouble. While saying that, they still should win the East because nobody in the East went for it this year except the Petes, but they need to be praying to whatever god they believe in that Windsor wins the west, because if its LDN/ERE then it'll be the most lopsided league final in OHL history

My opinion is that either the Petes and Missy should come out of the East.
I don't see anyone else that can get on a roll other than those 2

But those 2 teams don't come nearly close to the depth of Erie and London
And though OS, SSM, WIN all have a good shot to get on a roll, it seems like based on the talent, that if Erie and/or London get hot, they probably won't be both denied by other teams. I could see either getting upset in round 1/2 depending on seeding but would be shocked if say another team gets hot enough to outduel BOTH Erie in London in back to back rounds because that's probably what it would take for the rest of the West teams to get to the finals. And if Erie or London in particular come out of the West, they will likely have to beat the other which means they probably are getting hot at the right time, so can't see them losing to the East winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad