Which team has the best bottom 6 forwards?

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Leafs are bretty bretty good if it was done right, because of how Babcock coaches and puts actually really good players on the bottom 6 (Willie, Mitch), it's getting AINEC territory, but this is what it should be

Hyman-Kadri-Brown
Martin-Kapanen-Leivo

As it stands now

Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
Martin-Moore-Brown/Leivo

Having Kadri/Marleau/Brown is huge in terms of those guys being top 6ers on most teams.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Leafs are bretty bretty good if it was done right, because of how Babcock coaches and puts actually really good players on the bottom 6 (Willie, Mitch), it's getting AINEC territory, but this is what it should be

Hyman-Kadri-Brown
Martin-Kapanen-Leivo

As it stands now

Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
Martin-Moore-Brown/Leivo

Having Kadri/Marleau/Brown is huge in terms of those guys being top 6ers on most teams.

The Marleau - Kadri - Komarov line plays more at even strength so I’d be inclined to say that van Riemsdyk - Bozak - Marner is the third line on the Leafs. Either way the Leafs are probably the best answer here

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Devils bottom 6 is very underrated, they have been killing it lately

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Leafs really run a top 9 with a 4th line. More teams are shifting to this, but the Leafs are the obvious example.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It used to be the Penguins but now we probably have one of the worst bottom six in the league.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Leafs really run a top 9 with a 4th line. More teams are shifting to this, but the Leafs are the obvious example.

I think you could argue the Devils are almost opposite of that right now. They have a top line with Hall-Hischier-Bratt/Palmieri and then the other three lines are all about equal in terms of scoring and defensive ability.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
What the Leafs could have:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Brown
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
Leivo-Nylander-Kapanen

What they run:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
JVR-Bozak-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
Martin-Moore-Brown

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
What the Leafs could have:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Brown
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
Leivo-Nylander-Kapanen

What they run:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
JVR-Bozak-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
Martin-Moore-Brown

You can do this for every team though lol.

What's the usual leafs "bottom 6" (I realize they don't run a bottom 6) and what's their 5v5 contribution, then compare it against other teams.

I'd imagine Leafs (due in large part to the third line) would be near the top if not #1.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
You can do this for every team though lol.

What's the usual leafs "bottom 6" (I realize they don't run a bottom 6) and what's their 5v5 contribution, then compare it against other teams.

I'd imagine Leafs (due in large part to the third line) would be near the top if not #1.
Gave you the usual lines, but I guess the Marner/Bozak line would actually be the 3rd line based on minutes/usage, even if they're one of the best lines for xGf% in the league

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Sabres have 4 lines of bottom 6 players, no one can match that 4th line depth

Girgs- Eichel- Pominville
Pouliot- ROR- Fasching

Weren't those our "3rd lines" at some point? Maybe ROR was with Reinhart instead of Fasching...I forget. Looks like a good bottom 6 to me. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad