Which Team Has Given The Lightning Their Biggest Challenge So Far?

Who's given the Lightning their biggest challenge?

• Total voters

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Wow. If the Isles could score as well as Dallas, they'd be in the final instead of Tampa.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Take away the first game where Isles were fresh off a tough seven game series, while Tampa waltzed by Boston in an easy five, and the total goals were only 11-9 (12-10 including empty netters).

Similar to the first game of the finals: Tampa just played almost three games in three nights, then had one day off before playing Dallas who had four days rest. But after that first game, Tampa looks much better.

Isles may be the hardest series of all.

I agree with this. Game one was a gift as the Isles were on fumes after a tough 7 against Flyers and flew from Toronto to Edmonton with no break and then into game 1 against a well rested Tampa team. Also everyone keeps mentioning the Point injury for 2 games but the Isles lost Cizikas a very important defensive center and one of the heart on sleeve type guys after game 4 and Pelech their best defensive dman for game 6. Did Columbus suffer and important injuries in their series, just wondering?

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Islanders. I dont think Dallas is nearly as elite defensively and should be a little easier for Tampa to get through.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
As a Tampa fan. Islanders, AINEC. Ryan McD said something it was the hardest series he's ever been in. Tampa outclassed New York for sure, but this might also be the most structured hockey Coop's Tampa has ever played. CBJ's series is overrated, it was all about one guy, Korpisallo.

Johnny Tomala

Jan 24, 2017
Stars easily. Blue Jackets and Bruins were outplayed, Islanders didn't belong on the same ice as Lightning with their boring hockey and pathetic roster with no star power. Dallas apart from Game 3 is playing Lightning hard, each game they lost was by one goal. It's Dallas Stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad