Which Team Has Given The Lightning Their Biggest Challenge So Far?

Who's given the Lightning their biggest challenge?

• Total voters

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
The Blue Jackets are the only opponent that stayed within two goals in every loss to them.

The Bruins are the only team that had a series lead against them.

The Islanders are the only team that beat them more than once.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
They battled their demons versus Columbus, and they completely outclassed the other teams with their skill and physicality.

Homer vote for CBJ!!

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Islanders. Columbus plays a very similar game but the Isles are just way more physical and it took a bigger toll on us.

Reactions: Loki Dekker

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Columbus was an absolute battle. NYI got a few lucky goals and some injury help.

Boston just rolled over and died for some reason.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Columbus then New York, then big gap to Boston. Columbus played like the Islanders did in games 5/6 every game.
Agreed on this. Not to take anything away from the Islanders but I felt like Tampa was in danger constantly through the entire Columbus series.

I didn't feel concern until the Islanders got the series to 3-2

bov

Nov 13, 2010
CBJ and NYI were similar in that they were resilient and kept games close (for the most part), but at no point did they look like a serious threat or the better team. Boston just didn't look very good at all since they entered the bubble.

None of the above were a huge challenge imo but Columbus would have been interesting with more rest. They played a lot of hockey and were clearly feeling the effects.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
By the end of the series, it was the isles. How much that had to do with Point's injury, I don't know.

I would say:

1. NYI
2. CBJ
3. Boston

Boston is the best of those teams, but they match up poorly with us.

Reactions: Loki Dekker

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Columbus. Easily.

NYI never truly dominated Tampa in any of the games, Columbus dominated game 5 and was up 2 goals in the third, then some meltdown happened and we lost in OT.

Reactions: meatwad4343

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Columbus. Tampa only outscored them by 2 goals over the series (+8 against NYI, +9 against Boston), and Tampa outplayed the Islanders more than Columbus, even though they were more injured against the Islanders.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I'll say it was Columbus. I didn't start to hate or worry about the islanders until game 5. Columbus worried me from the start.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
I'll say it was Columbus. I didn't start to hate or worry about the islanders until game 5. Columbus worried me from the start.
Yeah, but a lot of that was probably the psychological effect that last year’s sweep had.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Islanders because they found a way to deduct their scoring.

Would say Columbus, but they managed to do just fine getting passed them despite the upset from last season.

Dallas I don't think will be much of a challenge for Tampa. But if Dallas does beat Tampa, good for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->