Which team do you think is the dirtiest?

Which team is dirtiest?

• Total voters

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You currently employ one of our top 2 "dirtiest" players. The other just took the year off and has a reputation for being dirty because he hit too hard.

:eek:
Nice attempt at a "gotcha" but yeah the Rangers are one of the dirtiest teams in the league.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Backes isn't even on the Bruins.

You're going to need to cite some examples regarding Debrusk aside from the mythical nonsense against Toronto.

Kuraly??

Chara?? Several outright suspendable hits this year? What aside from the crosscheck is remotely close?

Starts off with a great defensive play, followed by a slash for some reason.

00:14 - Hit by Kadri on Krejci - shoulder on shoulder, followed by being decked on the numbers
00:23 - Good hit on Kadri by DeBrusk - DeBrusk with the facewash as they untangle themselves and some stickwork to the head
00:40 - Good hit by Kadri
00:44 - Good hit by Krejci
00:54 - Elbow by DeBrusk followed by a headlock by Backes
01:10 - Good hit by Pastrnak
01:32 - Good hit by Muzzin
01:40 - Hit from behind by Wagner
01:53 - Clear kneeing by DeBrusk followed by a crosscheck from behind by Kapanen (the fact that DeBrusk was in the game after that was an absolute joke)
02:51 - Awkward hit by Grezlyk - not even sure what to call it....some on HF call that motion a slewfoot though
03:07 - Goaltender interference by Tavares
03:20 - Weird hit by Hyman on Marchand
03:38 - Hit by DeBrusk running Marleau into the curved glass turnstyle
03:40 - Crosscheck to the head by Kadri - received a lengthy suspension for the hit

You can call it mythical if you want, but the elbow and the knee should each have been penalties, and the knee should have had him ejected.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Nice attempt at a "gotcha" but yeah the Rangers are one of the dirtiest teams in the league.

Not sure why or what you've been triggered over, but thinking our charmin soft team is dirty is nothing short of ignorant.

Last year you and many others would have pointed out Trouba and Lemieux as dirty players :laugh:.

Reactions: hn777

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Not sure why or what you've been triggered over, but thinking our charmin soft team is dirty is nothing short of ignorant.

Not triggered at all. I'm not mad at the Jets nor do I really care. I'm giving my opinion on a message board.

Last year you and many others would have pointed out Trouba and Lemieux as dirty players :laugh:.

Yes, and I still will.

Once again, the Rangers are in the top 5 here.

Once again, nice attempt at shit talking my team who I shit talk more than anyone.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Not triggered at all. I'm not mad at the Jets nor do I really care. I'm giving my opinion on a message board.

Yes, and I still will.

Once again, the Rangers are in the top 5 here.

Once again, nice attempt at shit talking my team who I shit talk more than anyone.

And I'm assuming you have a reason for that opinion. Care to elaborate? Paul Maurice teaches dirty tactics? Dustin Byfuglien broke someone? They wear close to the same colors at times?

How do I shit talk a team I've seen twice all year? I don't think the Rangers are dirty, probably because I've seen maybe 4 games of them all year, and I don't think Trouba is an inherently dirty player, but it's just strange seeing a Rangers fan whose team leads or is near the lead in most penalty categories with two players who were suspended as Jets recently call the Jets the dirtiest team.

Who's dirty on the Jets?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And I'm assuming you have a reason for that opinion. Care to elaborate? Paul Maurice teaches dirty tactics? Dustin Byfuglien broke someone? They wear close to the same colors at times?

How do I shit talk a team I've seen twice all year? I don't think the Rangers are dirty, probably because I've seen maybe 4 games of them all year, and I don't think Trouba is an inherently dirty player, but it's just strange seeing a Rangers fan whose team leads or is near the lead in most penalty categories with two players who were suspended as Jets recently call the Jets the dirtiest team.

Who's dirty on the Jets?

Every time I watch the Jets, it's a shitshow of elbows and between the whistle activity. No single guy stands out but I think they're just nasty as a team. Don't know if they're the dirtiest but I found it strange they didn't have a single vote.

As for the bolded, what is strange about that? For the third time now, the Rangers are a dirty team. The Rangers are a dirty team. The Rangers are a dirty team. Also, f*** the Rangers. I support them against my will. I hope an asteroid hits MSG.

You're not going to make your case by saying "THe RANGERs AlSo DiD THAT thING YOU SAiD wAs BaD." The Rangers existing is bad.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Every time I watch the Jets, it's a shitshow of elbows and between the whistle activity. No single guy stands out but I think they're just nasty as a team. Don't know if they're the dirtiest but I found it strange they didn't have a single vote.

As for the bolded, what is strange about that? For the third time now, the Rangers are a dirty team. The Rangers are a dirty team. The Rangers are a dirty team. Also, f*** the Rangers. I support them against my will. I hope an asteroid hits MSG.

You're not going to make your case by saying "THe RANGERs AlSo DiD THAT thING YOU SAiD wAs BaD." The Rangers existing is bad.

But then, where would the Knicks play?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Have you watched Jets games this year? It's usually us getting dunked on physically.

It's strange because you watch the Rangers, and they're a team with two players you've likely called dirty (judging from your shitshow of elbows and the propensity of those two players to throw them) who were on the team you called the dirtiest in the league, and then you vote for that team, and not just vote, but feel the need to voice it in a thread, because they're not getting "enough love", and you watch them far less than your own team, which you think is a very dirty team, and has two dirty former Jets players on it. Then ask why you're being questioned on your decision to not choose your own team.

:scared:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Have you watched Jets games this year? It's usually us getting dunked on physically.

It's strange because you watch the Rangers, and they're a team with two players you've likely called dirty (judging from your shitshow of elbows and the propensity of those two players to throw them) who were on the team you called the dirtiest in the league, and then you vote for that team, and not just vote, but feel the need to voice it in a thread, because they're not getting "enough love", and you watch them far less than your own team, which you think is a very dirty team, and has two dirty former Jets players on it. Then ask why you're being questioned on your decision to not choose your own team.

:scared:
You keep trying this whataboutism. It hasn't worked yet.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
And Earth isn't a planet and
You don't need water to survive, and ... You were listing things that are completely wrong right?
2155 hits
1 suspension
1 fine
---------------
So about .09% of his hits are dirty. Even if you throw in some borderline plays, it's still well below 1%. Just because he's big and isn't nice to your team doesn't mean he's dirty.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
2155 hits
1 suspension
1 fine
---------------
So about .09% of his hits are dirty. Even if you throw in some borderline plays, it's still well below 1%. Just because he's big and isn't nice to your team doesn't mean he's dirty.
At yes suspension by the wheel of incompetence is a good metric. He's a dirty POS, get over it

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Coming from someone who roots for Jamie Benn...
Why would you assume that? And nobody is saying Benn isn't a dirty player. Reeves is far worse. But just because I'm a fan of the team doesn't mean I like all the players or am blind to how they play. Your inability to see how dirty Reeves is , is clouded by being a fan of Vegas, but that's your problem, don't try and make it mine because you feel hurt you have the dirtiest POS in the league in your lineup

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
It’s very difficult to reconcile Boston being the dirtiest team in the league after watching the Stanley Cup Final. It feels like they’re more of a reputation vote at this point.

Maybe watch some games where players aren't benched for taking selfish penalties (cheap shots)

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
At yes suspension by the wheel of incompetence is a good metric. He's a dirty POS, get over it
The burden of proof is on you to convince me he's a dirty player and not just a big body that throws a lot of hits and a lot of punches because in his entire career in STL I saw him throw one dirty hit, and he's only been suspended that one time.

I'm sorry if he's knocked down a lot of your team's players and hit them in the face. I know he's a bad bad man, but he's not dirty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluenatic

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Why would you assume that? And nobody is saying Benn isn't a dirty player. Reeves is far worse. But just because I'm a fan of the team doesn't mean I like all the players or am blind to how they play. Your inability to see how dirty Reeves is , is clouded by being a fan of Vegas, but that's your problem, don't try and make it mine because you feel hurt you have the dirtiest POS in the league in your lineup

You can't even spell his name correctly given multiple chances, why should anyone believe your obviously biased opinion on him

Reactions: Bluenatic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad