Which team do Lightning fans hate the most?

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Talk in the GDT got me wondering who Bolts fans hate the most. Caps aren't in our division anymore, so I'm not really sure how people feel about them these days. But for me, it's Bruins, Habs, then maybe the Pens.

You can only pick one though. I picked Bruins. Habs are a very close second. I kind of expect them to take it, just because of current events. But we'll see.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I removed the public voting option, because this poll just feels like it needs it.

por example: say that a rouge HabsBro looks at this thread, they could conceivably take the knowledge of who hates their team the most into a GDT and flame those posters or whatever. You can say what you want pretty much, but posters should be able to only vote without feeling that they'd make themselves a target for anything.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
They're not so bad when humbled. Some of the local Bs fans I know are hella chilled out compared to last year.

Oh, I meant the team. I can understand why their fanbase takes some heat for sure. :laugh:

Kristia

Old folks home..
Mar 10, 2006
Tampa Bay Area....
Bruins & Habs are my two most hated teams. Bruins have a slight edge over the Habs due to our history with them. Might switch up by the end of this series :laugh:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Honestly, I still reply the Panthers, even though it doesn't make much sense at the moment, I feel like that rivalry needs to be nurtured, even if it's dormant at the moment. I feel like the Lightning's dominance of the state must be defended at all costs now that we're the ones on top.

Bruins are probably my most relevant hatred at the moment, still enjoying the hell out of them being out of the postseason as well as finally starting to beat them.

Still hate the Flyers because that goes way back and because of their fans (though the ones on HF aren't as bad at least). Habs and Rangers are starting to show up on the radar as well, maybe even the Wings now after this series, though if Babcock leaves that might cool that off. Capitals are the team I like least from our old division besides the Panthers, so an honorable mention there, too.

It's complicated, lol.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Went with Bruins. Just hate playing them. and their it seems the majority of their fans are intollerable to talk with.

Meanwhile with the Habs, while their fanbase is generally annoying and elitiset I do have friends who are Montreal fans and I enjoy their company. I will be watch the game tonight at one of such friends houses. I think that dapens the hate I could have for them.

On the opposite side of that I have several Canucks fan Friends that used to annoy the bejebus out of me. They are not quite as bad as they were pre 2004 for some reason.

Despite most of my friends and Family being Flames fans I have no ill will towards the flames and will cheer for them pretty much 80/82 games of the regular season.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
1. Flyers
2. Habs
3. Bruins

In that order. They can interchange some depending on relevance due to competing during the year/playoffs. But, if all competition were equal, that's the order of my hatred for teams.

Teams we don't play like in the West? Ducks AINEC. They're essentially the perfect mix of Frat-Bro-******-nozzlery to make me hate them.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
It honestly depends on who the Bolts are playing. Two days ago I hated everything about Detroit. Now it's all about hatin the Habs.

I think it's a by-product of the Lightning not really having any rivalries with any other team. There just isn't any long drawn out hatreds.

Now if we were allowed to talk about fanbases it would be a whole different thing.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
took bruins is not close they always play thuggishly and drives me insane seems is always something really cheap so they are beyond hated

montreal we swept back in 04 or later they swept us without bishop and fans talked all year so honestly just want retribution against them at this point we win we move on to face caps or rangers

im happy whatever happens do not see how montreal can beat us in this series honestly we are the better team

so just want to move on to the bigger match up then get to cup and see if we can match up with whoever we face the cup will be hard but this team shows a lot of drive will etc..

we got a chance

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
1. Bruins
2. Habs
3. Flyers
4. Kitty Kats (Miami) all 15 of them.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Habs (also a bruins fan)
Panthers (Florida dominance battle, it will return)
Detroit (We have Yzerman and I feel we have similar professionally run franchises, even if ours is just starting professionalism)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad