Which Sens player is displaying the most overconfidence?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Sens have had a few games(leafs and flames) in the last while where the team has lost focused and tried to be too cute.... Who are the players who have displayed to much confidence and have tried to be to cute?

This team as the ability to make the playoffs and do some damage if they get back to playing the desperate hockey they played on the west coast.

If you dont want to single out a player single out a line or comment on if you see it or not.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
They are getting too overconfident because Hammond was able to make godly saves. Now that he isn't anymore, the Sens need to go back and play the hockey they were playing when the streak started.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Turris has been guilty recently.

He's balanced it with clutch plays, but it's still annoying to see.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
There's only one guy that I think needs to reel it in, and that's Hoffman. He's been hogging it and making some Spezza like passes out there (both good and bad).

What is of real concern in the very near future is an adrenal downswing. They can't keep this pace up forever and the crash could derail the hope given over the last 6 weeks. I think this race is going to go to the bitter end and will still be fun to experience.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
The team has won six in a row. They haven't been works of art, but they rarely are. Gone are the days where we rip bad teams apart 8-1. Just get over it, the league has parity. Most games are close.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
The team has won six in a row. They haven't been works of art, but they rarely are. Gone are the days where we rip bad teams apart 8-1. Just get over it, the league has parity. Most games are close.

Not about ripping teams apart. Its about laughing on a bench when hoffman misses a golden opportunity or going for low chance pretty plays on oddman rushes

sauce11

Apr 8, 2010
winning at this rate will always bring a higher level of confidence to any team, especially to young/unexperienced guys

it looked like hoffman was being too cute lately, but he responded nicely tonight. good on cameron to notice that

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Not about ripping teams apart. Its about laughing on a bench when hoffman misses a golden opportunity or going for low chance pretty plays on oddman rushes

Feel free to be worried about ribbing on the bench or creativity on an odd man rush. The team is a tight group that seem to like each other and have fun. The team has scored 9 (+2 ENG) in the last two games. Over-creativity is not a problem right now.

I think the team's biggest worries are Hammond cooling off, having a 20 year old ECHL goalie as a backup, and the bottom two defense pairings being so far behind Karlsson/Methot in terms of ice-time and reliability.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
The league is too close and the Sens are too "middle of the pack" to be be making threads like this. We're not some 50 win team chasing the president's trophy. The team is fighting every single game and it's not going to be pretty.

Yes, mistakes have been made, but Boston made mistakes, Calgary made mistakes, and Toronto made mistakes.

I think they're as focused as any Sens team I've seen.

WhiteLight*

He's played a lot better, but there are still flaws in his game.

Its honestly odd how far you go to defend the guy.

I guess it's like Condra. I'm just totally blind and really don't understand the criticism, the constant ''trade him for ______ (nothing)". I don't get it, these guys are valuable.

He's not a perfect player; he's not a great player. But he's good. Like top 4 good.

Team sucks for half the year, main weakness is top 4 LD. He finnallllllllly gets a top 4 chance, and the team just looks a million times better (exaggeration), goes on an amazing streak. I don't see the problem, really not

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Hoffman has been holding onto the puck a bit too much the past few games. Not sure if you want to label that as overconfident. Seems he figured it out a bit tonight against Toronto.

Weir....dude isn't overconfident, he just isn't that good. A slow thinker out there who ends up with the puck too long. If the kid could get his skating up to par and some strength he could be a full timer on the bottom pair. Too bad as he can move the puck at times....but that's all he can do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad