Which Sen am I?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ottawa traded a 1st round pick to acquire me.
At age 19 I put up the 2nd highest point total of all time for a defenceman in the history of the league I was playing in.
I twice represented my country in the world junior championship.
Runblad??

PizzaPizza12

Jul 25, 2009
Ottawa
I have close to 200 career NHL games but many more in the AHL. I have been a part of 4 different organizations. Most of my NHL games were with another team in the Atlantic division. My stint with Ottawa ended with me being picked up on waivers by another team.

Who am I?

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I have close to 200 career NHL games but many more in the AHL. I have been a part of 4 different organizations. Most of my NHL games were with another team in the Atlantic division. My stint with Ottawa ended with me being picked up on waivers by another team.

Who am I?

Going out on a limb without google... Denis Hamel?

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley

Who am I?
Conacher

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Any guesses on this one? Or were my hints too vague

I can barely even find anyone who played for 4 NHL teams before the Sens. Pretty sure the only guy I found who scored more than, like, 5 goals for the Sens was Smolinski.

Tough one for sure!

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I can barely even find anyone who played for 4 NHL teams before the Sens. Pretty sure the only guy I found who scored more than, like, 5 goals for the Sens was Smolinski.

Tough one for sure!

Lol, it's quite an obscure player but also fairly recent.
I'll rephrase the second point, the % of his goals is large, but the total is very low

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Lol, it's quite an obscure player but also fairly recent.
I'll rephrase the second point, the % of his goals is large, but the total is very low

haha I suspected that last part anyways... the fairly recent part made it a lot easier, though, and I am now relatively confident that you refer to the one, the only, Zenon Konopka.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
haha I suspected that last part anyways... the fairly recent part made it a lot easier, though, and I am now relatively confident that you refer to the one, the only, Zenon Konopka.

You're close in that he pretty much meets all the criteria, but it is someone else :laugh:

Funny enough, Knopoka's % of career goals scored with the Sens is actually the exact same percentage for the player I'm thinking of.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
You're close in that he pretty much meets all the criteria, but it is someone else :laugh:

Funny enough, Knopoka's % of career goals scored with the Sens is actually the exact same percentage for the player I'm thinking of.

I forgot about the redundant city aspect. From Colorado Springs, Colorado.... on the other hand, maybe I'll just let someone else suffer through this guessing game like I did. Great clues, you really scraped the bottom of the barrel in terms of player choice :laugh:

Here's a tough one (at least I believe it will be) with a bit of crypticity to it...
1) I returned to the NHL after a two-year hiatus and joined the Sens for my final stint as an NHL player...
2) I posted career-high numbers in Ottawa in GP, assists, points and PIMs, but not goals...
3) I am famously stern but not quite sterner, although in a similar way I am the first of my kind...

Who am I?

Last edited:
Reactions: Deku

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
- I am from a city with a redundant name
- I scored a large percentage of my goals with the Senators
- I played for 4 other NHL teams before Ottawa

I think maybe I got it (after cheating lol)

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I had two stints with Ottawa
My second stint was as a free agent at the tail end of my career after leaving a division rival
I played centre
I was reknown for my defensive play
I wore #22
I have a playoff OT winner with Ottawa

EDIT: Bonus clue: I have played 545 games with the Senators.

Last edited:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
No OT goal for Kelly.

Sounds like Shaun Van Allen aside from the GP

He scored one with the Bruins, and the clue didn't originally specify which team it was scored for.

Also according to hockeydb Kelly is the only player to play 545 games for the Sens.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He scored one with the Bruins, and the clue didn't originally specify which team it was scored for.

Also according to hockeydb Kelly is the only player to play 545 games for the Sens.
Yeah, the clue leads to Kelly with regards to GP, and SVA with the OT winner.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Yeah, the clue leads to Kelly with regards to GP, and SVA with the OT winner.

Sorry, I was using wikipedia. I thought it was an amazing coincidence and sought to make a tricky one:
upload_2018-7-17_12-8-13.png

Some jerkface must have changed the numbers.

But yes, the answer was meant to be Van Allen.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
- I was a 3rd round pick, but not drafted by Ottawa
- I played 16 playoff games with Ottawa but did not score a playoff goal
- I was traded mid-season 3 times

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I forgot about the redundant city aspect. From Colorado Springs, Colorado.... on the other hand, maybe I'll just let someone else suffer through this guessing game like I did. Great clues, you really scraped the bottom of the barrel in terms of player choice :laugh:

Here's a tough one (at least I believe it will be) with a bit of crypticity to it...
1) I returned to the NHL after a two-year hiatus and joined the Sens for my final stint as an NHL player...
2) I posted career-high numbers in Ottawa in GP, assists, points and PIMs, but not goals...
3) I am famously stern but not quite sterner, although in a similar way I am the first of my kind...

Who am I?

This one still has me stumped. The 3rd point is really vague and doesn't make any sense.

Technically Tom Pyatt could be correct except he's not at the end of his career.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3