Which Rookies Make the Opening Night Line-Up?

Burr08

Mar 5, 2014
Gauncers getting seriously underrated around here, I think he has a decent chance of making opening day roster.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Gauncers getting seriously underrated around here, I think he has a decent chance of making opening day roster.

Where? They aren't waiving Vey or Dorset or Richardson or Matthias etc. Gaunce is waivers free and will be stashed safely in the minors. They would have to move people or have injuries.

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
Vey and Horvat.

Vey's had his cup of tea in the NHL and he's excelled in the AHL. Previous body of work speaks for him there.

Horvat I think is our most complete and NHL ready prospect. I have absolute faith in him to make the team come October but the only thing holding him back is the log jam we have in our bottom 6 forwards. I think he stays another year in the juniors but only for that reason.

Corrado needs more work in the AHL to hone his pro game. Lot of scouting from the Comets indicating that he's not consistent enough and that he could use another year to mature, sort of like Tanev who stayed with the Wolves even though we were desperate to see him up with the big club.

Other than that, no one else. Jensen is too inconsistent. Gaunce is almost there. Shinkaruk missed 3/4's of last season.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I think only Vey.

Horvat should be in junior. He doesn't look NHL ready. Skating and offensive abilities still need to improve.

Jensen and Corrado could definitely use more developing in Utica.

No one else is even really close to cracking the lineup.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver

I think he is better on the left wing than centre. He is good at faceoffs but his scoring is better on the wing. He scored as soon as they moved him to wing.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
only vey. there's no room for anybody else.

I think there is very little chance that Horvat will play even a single game with the Canucks. I know people are high on him but he doesn't look ready to me. No point in rushing him in the NHL when you have AHL call ups that can be called up without risk.

Virtanen shouldn't even be on the list. will still need to rehab from injury.

I think Corrado will be the first dman call up.

I can see one of Jensen, Zalewski, Archibald and Lain getting call ups depending on who gets injured.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Voted Corrado, Vey and Jensen.

As for order of likelihood...

Vey
Corrado
Jensen

Gaunce
Horvat
Zalewski
Shinkaruk

McCann
Archibald/Other

Virtanen (no chance... rehabbing shoulder)

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013

Contract status. Simple as that. Same with Shinkaruk, Fox and likely Jensen and Corrado.

Vey for sure, Horvat hopefully.

Subban for :naughty:

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Our line-up is packed full at the moment, although we do have space for either a #14 forward or #8 defenseman at the moment. So barring any further player movement, I think Horvat gets his 9 games no matter what because it's NHL or OHL for him, and no other player of ours in that situation is as close to the NHL as he is (unless Cassels or Subban or something pulls a rabbit out his hat).

After Horvat's 9 games, he either proves he can stick, or he doesn't. Then someone from the AHL may be called up to push someone back out of the line-up.

Vey is obviously in.

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
Im surprised theres not more love for Shinkaruk.

Not saying I think he makes it, but he came really close last year, and I imagine (despite the injury) he is probably going to equally as ready this year as he was last year.

His progress is essentially 0, but he just about made it last year.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Im surprised theres not more love for Shinkaruk.

Not saying I think he makes it, but he came really close last year, and I imagine (despite the injury) he is probably going to equally as ready this year as he was last year.

His progress is essentially 0, but he just about made it last year.

I think it's because of the injury and missing many months from a development year is at least one reason why we shouldn't expect HS to make the club this year. 1 more year developing would be good for him.

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
I think it's because of the injury and missing many months from a development year is at least one reason why we shouldn't expect HS to make the club this year. 1 more year developing would be good for him.

I agree. And don't think (or want) him to stick this year.

I just was expecting more votes for HS. If he looks as good at this camp as he did last year (which I think is possible) then I wouldn't be surprised to see get some consideration.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
I agree. And don't think (or want) him to stick this year.

I just was expecting more votes for HS. If he looks as good at this camp as he did last year (which I think is possible) then I wouldn't be surprised to see get some consideration.

The votes should be about who we actually think is going to make the lineup. Outside of Vey, i don't realistically see anyone else.

Bieksa#3

Mar 2, 2007
What if Vey completely ***** the bed in training camp and preseason? Will management have the balls to risk losing him on waivers after using a pick to get him?

Especially if gaunce or horvat completely outplay him?

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
What if Vey completely ***** the bed in training camp and preseason? Will management have the balls to risk losing him on waivers after using a pick to get him?

Especially if gaunce or horvat completely outplay him?

What if the moon were made of cheese?

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Sedin Sedin Vrbata
Burrows Bonino Kassian
Higgins Horvat Vey
Matthias Richardson Hansen
Dorsett

Edler Tanev
Hamhuis Corrado
Sbisa Bieksa
Stanton Weber

Vey, Horvat and Corrado make it.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Sedin Sedin Vrbata
Burrows Bonino Kassian
Higgins Horvat Vey
Matthias Richardson Hansen
Dorsett

Edler Tanev
Hamhuis Corrado
Sbisa Bieksa
Stanton Weber

Vey, Horvat and Corrado make it.

Since jb thinks bo cannot make it here is my updated predicting

Sedin Sedin Vrbata
Jensen Boneno Kassian
Burrows Matthias Vey
Doorset Richardson Hansen

Hamuis Bieksa
Edler Tanev
Sbisa Corrado
Stanton Weber

I like that look but if u exchange Kassian and Burr than that third line is a big tough menace line. Or even if vey expels expetation maybe

Sedin Sedin Vrbata
Jensen Boneno Vey
Burrows Matthias Kassian
Doorset Rich Hansen

That third line looks amazeing!

Im also calculateing higgins to be the oddman out and traded to some where like the rangers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad