Which prospect(s) are you not as high on?

Dod93Cityt

Do You Believe In Ghosts?
Aug 29, 2012
Canada
For me, it would be German Rubtsov and Robert Hagg.

Im just not seeing the potential that other people are seeing in these two.

To me, Robert Hagg looks like he'll be a bottom pair D at best. I was more excited about him than Morin at the 2013 draft, but I see where Morin can fit in as a permanent NHL D where Hagg looks like he's more replaceable.

And German Rubtsov, I dont really have anything bad to say about him. But from what I've seen from him (limited) and his production, I just cant imagine him getting to that level where he need to be to be a 2C in the nhl.

Let me know who you're not as high on. Or let me/others know why we should be excited about these prospects.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
That's a tough question. I guess Hagg & Morin jump out at me. I think they could be useful and they are definitely overshadowed by Provorov/Ghost/Myers/Sanheim now.

I'm trying to think of any Fs or Gs. For Forwards I say Laberge, but not really his fault, took a terrible concussion and I fully see why he'd tentative coming back.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
In Rubstovs brief QMJHL stint, only one rookie scored at a better rate than him; Nico Hischier.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
And German Rubtsov, I dont really have anything bad to say about him. But from what I've seen from him (limited) and his production, I just cant imagine him getting to that level where he need to be to be a 2C in the nhl.

giphy.gif

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
This is a tough question to ask because there's probably different levels of high for a first rounder as compared to a sixth rounder. Do you mean high as compared to others or high as compared to people on here or high as compared to their draft spot or high as compared to like the THN rankings or something?

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
Scotty Laughton and Nicolas Aube -Kubel...
Picked 20th overall back in 2012,Scott has showed no upside and the coming out of junior,Holmgren saw a little bit of a Mike Richards type of player in him(too bad THAT never materialized)...
And Kubel was a decent scorer coming out of the QMJHL...Lets see if IF he can put up numbers in the next few years...
And in MY opinion...the Rubik Cube will break out of his box this year and be a dynamic scorer(Scoring title in the QMJHL...if he plays there all season and no injuries) while also playing his strong two way game!:nod:

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Not sure what there is to not like about Rubtsov, maybe other than slight injury problems this past season. Other than that, the guy looks like a slam dunk middle sixer at least.

For me the only guy that jumps to mind is Laberge. I haven't seen the hype even before his injury. I will admit I could very well be wrong about him though.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Laughton, Leier, Stolarz, Aube-Kubel are definitely on my list.

Morin is headed in that direction if he can't crack the roster this season. It's about time.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Morin. For a guy who went 11th overall & has a lot of hype, I don't see him as anything special. I'll be happy to have him as a bottom pairing defenseman; but I don't think he's nearly the stud many are hoping for.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Morin. For a guy who went 11th overall & has a lot of hype, I don't see him as anything special. I'll be happy to have him as a bottom pairing defenseman; but I don't think he's nearly the stud many are hoping for.

Same boat. I think he'll bring sound defensive play and grit (which has excellent value), but I haven't seen anything to suggest he's going to put up more then 15 or so points in his average season.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
If you are looking for big point totals, yes you are going to be disappointed.

It's hard to put up much more than 15 points a year as a defenseman if you don't play on the powerplay. Look at Josh Manson. I think people would be pretty happy if Morin turns out like that.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's hard to put up much more than 15 points a year as a defenseman if you don't play on the powerplay. Look at Josh Manson. I think people would be pretty happy if Morin turns out like that.

It is funny that HF Boards darlings like Slavin and Lindholm are 25-35 point defensemen that are considered #1's but people are worried about point production from a guy like Morin, who won't have to be anymore than a good #4 here.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
It is funny that HF Boards darlings like Slavin and Lindholm are 25-35 point defensemen that are considered #1's but people are worried about point production from a guy like Morin, who won't have to be anymore than a good #4 here.

I see Morin dragging down the Corsi of whomever he is playing with. I don't see that type of player as a #4.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Yeah right now seems Morin is a third pairing D man IMO.....we'll see how he does in camp.

Hagg and Laughton are still enigmas to me as well.

Not sure who to tab an outright "enema"...

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I see Morin dragging down the Corsi of whomever he is playing with.I don't see that type of player as a #4.

I mean he might but you can't make a blanket statement like this without reasoning. The little data we do have on Morin suggests he has actually aided his partner in the possession department.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I see Morin dragging down the Corsi of whomever he is playing with. I don't see that type of player as a #4.

And I can see him regaining possession using his size, strength, and reach and moving pucks to forwards efficiently.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
This is the last year i give Scott Laughton. Stolarz has been fine in his NHL appearences. I'd like to see NAK and Labarge improve

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Probably NAK and Laberge. I am never as high on any goalie prospect as some are.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
I mean he might but you can't make a blanket statement like this without reasoning. The little data we do have on Morin suggests he has actually aided his partner in the possession department.

Watching him it is clear to me he is bad in the offensive zone and good in the neutral zone and pretty good in the defensive zone especially along the boards. That said, there is non definitive evidence supporting my contention that he will drag down the corsi of his partners. See link below.

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2...25-under-25-prospects-analysis-lehigh-valley-

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad