Which promising Vancouverite would you most want on the Canucks?

ayoshi

Nov 3, 2010
The lower mainland has always produced its share of great hockey players, but it just seems to me that right now there are some beauts coming up.

Simple question: which promising lower mainland kid would you most like to see on the hometown team? :) Let's say '09 draft or later.

*Gallagher played minor hockey here so he counts ;)

huntison

Aug 12, 2008
Sedin - Sedin - Kane
Burrows - Kesler - Kassian

Or

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - RNH - Kesler

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Ryan Nugent Hopkins. Brings high end offensive talent we sorely lack, would immediately give us a potent second line and pp unit and allow us to spread our attack.

Comes without the potential character issues Kane allegedly has.

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
Ryan Johansen would be a grand fit for the 2C and might be actually available.. if only we'd have the pieces to give back to CBJ, which we don't unless Booth comes back and scores 20+ before the TDL.

ayoshi

Nov 3, 2010
Love Ryan Johansen's upside. Size, skill, plays centre...got my vote.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Wow that was surprisingly hard. Lots of good products coming out of the lower mainland lately :) I went with the Nuge because Evander Kane is a *********.

And besides, I'm not even sure his money phone would get a signal in Vancouver. Do they have money phone network coverage?

Last edited:

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
:laugh: I actually looked at that list and was like "wow, I'd like everyone of those players but Kane".

:laugh: I know right. Even people in Winnipeg don't like him. Ya he's got immense talent but I'm not sure if he'd be worth the headache. There's way better options there.

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Kane Kesler Kassian (KKK line hehe no racist)

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
I'd go with Evander Kane. Not like we run in the same circles so I couldn't care less if the guy is a jerk. We had Todd Bertuzzi here for nearly a decade, how bad could Kane be?

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Barzal for future.

Johansen or the Nuge right now. Would give us a truly top 2nd line with Santorelli - Johansen/Nuge - Burrows/Kesler (I was really liking Santo and Burrs chemistry, they play off of each other really well, same high pace high intensity game).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad