Which players wear contact lenses during hockey games?

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I had Lasik done in 2013 (I was 25 at the time) and my eyes are already back to being as bad as they were before the Lasik. It often doesn't work all that well.

You're supposed to wait until your vision has stabilized in it's deterioration to get LASIK.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
tumblr_lihperhlhb1qipgpwo1_400.jpg

such a dad

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Lasik is risky, especially if you need your eyes to be extremely sharp and all. If you are a high IQ goalie and can track shots with your mind, you don't need contacts as much, but even then it's still a benefit. Look at Rinne, he's one of the best mental puck trackers in the league and at times looked lost because he couldn't see the puck.

Agreed with this. Honestly as a goalie I do fine without my glasses, I don't have contacts so I usually just wore glasses under my helmet during games (extremely annoying+uncomfortable) when I take them off (I have horrible, horrible vision, can't read a sign with decent sized lettering from more than 5 feet away) I seem to do fine, a little worse but I can still see a blurry black object headed towards me so I do have to react much quicker but mostly it's a reflex. I might go the Lasik route soon though because my eyesight continues to get worse. I like my glasses though as I feel I look better with them on

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
I had LASIK done in 1999, redone, and redone again within eight months. My optometrist finally said I have progressive myopia. My eyes will always regress, although they're better than they were before the surgeries. Some of us are designed to be Poindexters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad