Which players wear contact lenses during hockey games?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Paul Martin maybe ? He's the only player I know of that has worn glasses. Not sure if he still does. I'd assume most players would get laser surgery if needed.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Ben Bishop wears glasses often when he’s off the ice but I’m not sure about how strong they are and if he wears contacts while playing. He’s the one that I can think of from the top of my head. I remember seeing pics of Neal with glasses once while watching a game from the stands but since it was only once it could be nothing

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Conor Sheary usually wear glasses, so I guess he wears contact lenses during the game.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Jarkko Ruutu wears glasses but I can't remember if he did when he was in the NHL.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
tumblr_lihperhlhb1qipgpwo1_400.jpg

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Pretty sure Lucic does...he had an issue with a contact lens during one of the Oilers games this past season

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Lasik is risky, especially if you need your eyes to be extremely sharp and all. If you are a high IQ goalie and can track shots with your mind, you don't need contacts as much, but even then it's still a benefit. Look at Rinne, he's one of the best mental puck trackers in the league and at times looked lost because he couldn't see the puck.

Evergreen

Lasik is risky, especially if you need your eyes to be extremely sharp and all. If you are a high IQ goalie and can track shots with your mind, you don't need contacts as much, but even then it's still a benefit. Look at Rinne, he's one of the best mental puck trackers in the league and at times looked lost because he couldn't see the puck.
I had Lasik done in 2013 (I was 25 at the time) and my eyes are already back to being as bad as they were before the Lasik. It often doesn't work all that well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad