Speculation: Which players under contract/rfa rights will your team trade this summer?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
It’s really hard to tell for St. Louis. A lot of young guys hitting RFA who ya e played this year. Fabbri, Edmundson, Sundqvist, Barbashev, Sanford, Blais and Reinke.

Would assume they will do what they have to to bring back Barbie and Sundqvist.

JE has had a pretty bad year but was stellar last season, we also re-signed Bouwmeester and Dunn has been playing top pairing for quite a stretch with Eddy down on the bottom pair and healthy scratches a few this season. I doubt DA would let him go, however I don’t know what his price tag will be and what the issues were this season for him. Could be a possible candidate.

Fabbri is another tough case. I’d imagine we’d offer him a similar deal. Kid just needs ice time and it’s tough to come by for him. I can see someone offersheeting him. However, I don’t know what cap hit number the Blues would cut bait with him on.

Sanford hasn’t really impressed much this season. Not sure what he can realistically ask for I’d assume the limit on him would be around 1m.

Blais will more than likely be re-signed to a 2way deal if I had to guess. Same goes for Reinke.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
any chance of Fleury?
Yeah, there is a chance he could be moved. The problem with trading him is that he is just a 3rd pairing defenseman now, so not very valuable, while also being cheap to keep. It makes more sense to keep him rather than move him. The only thing that could change that thinking would be if Jake Bean really pushes to take his spot. I think Fleury is being kept as a guy they can add a pick to to give to Seattle for the expansion.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
Lots of discussion about the Caps not being willing to meet Burakovsky's @ $3.25 QO. Not sure what kind of market they'll be for him, though.

If he wishes to stay in the league I think he should accept whatever offer that’s lower that the Caps will come up with

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Leddy will be dangled in the offseason, aim is gonna be for some more help up front. Also, the Isles are still paying Snow's salary and I expect they will try to use him to trade Ladd to Edmonton for a 2nd or something. :sarcasm:

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
If he wishes to stay in the league I think he should accept whatever offer that’s lower that the Caps will come up with
3 year decline and he’s -4 in 5 playoff games, needs a change of scenery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad