Speculation: Which players under contract/rfa rights will your team trade this summer?

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
So which players do we think are getting moved this summer? Trouba and Ristolainen are talked about being traded. One of Nylander, Kadri, Kapanen or Johnsson are likely gone because of cap reasons for example.

Which players do you think your team might move and why?

As a NYR fan i think Vesey, Namestnikov and Strome are pretty easy to aquire if a team is interested. Kreider might be moved if he isnt re-signed with one year left on his deal.

If Gorton can move Brendan Smith he will probably do that. I think Gorton would be willing to trade pretty much every defensemen we have right now if a decent deal is out there. None of them would require a huge price. I think its likely we will hold on to Skjei because he has proved he can be very good at his best even if he didnt play great this season.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Zucker. abundance of LW, already tried moving him at the deadline and makes sense he would be the odd man out with our new get young approach.
Zucker, Foligno, maybe even Fiala... for equivalent right handed players. Would still leave our LW depth at Parise-Donato-Greenway.

I also see Eriksson Ek moved with Sturm playing 4C. Maybe Rask instead if we can find a buyer.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeagleJenkins

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I ll start on the kings goalies we have 3 and i bet only 2 make it to camp Personally i think Quick will be traded however he is coming off the worse season of his career so maybe they will hold on to him and hope there is a need for a goalie at the deadline. Most likely Petersen is the goalie of the future in la. He showed to most kings fans he is more then able to take over in his limited play this year. So this leaves Campbell who played outstanding this year as a back up . Not sure what hes worth but i think he deserves a chance to be a starter somewhere.

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
So which players do we think are getting moved this summer? Trouba and Ristolainen are talked about being traded. One of Nylander, Kadri, Kapanen or Johnsson are likely gone because of cap reasons for example.

Which players do you think your team might move and why?

As a NYR fan i think Vesey, Namestnikov and Strome are pretty easy to aquire if a team is interested. Kreider might be moved if he isnt re-signed with one year left on his deal.

If Gorton can move Brendan Smith he will probably do that. I think Gorton would be willing to trade pretty much every defensemen we have right now if a decent deal is out there. None of them would require a huge price. I think its likely we will hold on to Skjei because he has proved he can be very good at his best even if he didnt play great this season.

As an NYR fan, yeah - Vesey, Namestnikov - definitely on the block. Strome, I'm not so sure. He found his game when he came to NY and I think they're happy to give him another crack at it. I'd bet Nieves is on the block too. Not shocked if Pionk or Claesson are dealt either.

Obviously, Smith is on the block too.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
:nashville

I don't think we can really guess what happens - there should be some fallout from a disappointing season. And last year Poile opted to let the players have another chance. They had it. They dropped the ball. He could do almost anything at this point - from stand pat, focus his changes on coaching, or make big player moves. Hard to predict.

Two players a number of fans might like to see on the block anyway would be: Kyle Turris, Ryan Ellis.

Turris had a miserable season, partly excused by a twice-broken foot apparently, but hasn't yet found a real fit with the Preds. Even though he seemed to fit the bill perfectly to provide that #2C we were looking for, there has to be a lot of regret about that trade-and-sign now. If the team could find another #2C option, you'd have to think they'd be eager to move Turris to make room.

And with Ellis, it's really just that we have enough offense on our D already, with Josi and Subban, and Ekholm chipping in. Ellis is easily beat and overpowered in his own zone, which would be an acceptable tradeoff if we really needed his offense. But we don't. Getting a bigger more defense-oriented guy to pair with Josi, or seeing if Fabbro can step up would be worth a look.

All that said, there is a lot of money on those two contracts, and they are relatively fresh big deals that Poile has negotiated, so maybe he will not be ready to deal them at all. I feel he could really improve the team if he did. But it's maybe just wishful thinking that he actually will deal them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hopefully posters keep in mind the players who have full NTC/ M-NTC/ or NMC. NMC/NTC up to the player to decide to waive or not. MNTC, depends on how restrictive the list will be.

Vancouver Canucks, ideally they would love to move off Eriksson but he has a full NTC, but I would think that he would not mind getting out of Vancouver since he has his contract. Hard deal to make since after his signing bonus in July, he's still owed $9 million over 3 years, so some team has to believe that he's worth $3 million per season for what he brings. Very low probability he gets moved.

Tanev - would have to be the right deal for the Canucks to move him. He has a M-NTC, but it's only an 8 team No Trade list, so it's a minimal hinderance.

Pretty much anyone not named Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson could be moved. Believe Roussell and Beagle have NTC right now.

Expect Spooner and/or Schaller to get bought out. Schaller, due to the lower cost may just end up in the AHL and used as depth in case of injuries to the bottom 6. $650K difference in cash between buying him out vs holding onto him for another season.

So, it's Sutter (MNTC of half the league), Baertschi, Pearson, Leivo (after they qualify him), Virtanen, Gaudette.

Guys due for a QO - Motte, Granlund, Gaunce (AHL). Granlund may not get qualified since he's at $1.4 million. Gaunce was in the A, so he's likely not getting a QO. Motte should be qualified, so he'd be a candidate to move.

D, Stecher/Hutton for the right price.
Canucks need RHD who can play in the top 4 long term and some scoring wingers.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Brodie, Jankowski, and Frolik I think are gone this year from the Flames.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
As an NYR fan, yeah - Vesey, Namestnikov - definitely on the block. Strome, I'm not so sure. He found his game when he came to NY and I think they're happy to give him another crack at it. I'd bet Nieves is on the block too. Not shocked if Pionk or Claesson are dealt either.

Obviously, Smith is on the block too.
Strome is a weird one. He has produced solid numbers before (for Islanders back in 14/15 scoring 50 points) but his shooting percentage in NY this season was skyhigh, 22,5%. Since 14/15 he has been a 30-35 point player...

He scored 18 goals in 63 games since we aquired him and he deserves credit for that. Its not going to last though unless he can create more chances. He isnt shooting at 22,5% going forward thats for sure.
Might be a good time to flip him for a decent return if a team is interested. We got him for «nothing» (Spooner).

Bond

May 10, 2012
what's the price on Jankowski and Jankowski Brodie as a package?

I am guessing a solid 2nd line center or a hard to play against top 6 RW. Flames need something else in the top 6

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I am guessing a solid 2nd line center or a hard to play against top 6 RW. Flames need something else in the top 6

Want a rebuild in Carter? He has had success at center and at RW in the top 6....just don't look at last year.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Sign Hayes? He played with Gaudreau at Boston College the year Gaudreau scored 36g and 80 points.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Interesting one for sure. Is he slow now?

honestly I do not know anymore. Whole team looked slower than they should. He is had an injury two seasons ago to a tendon that may have lead to him losing a step. Looked like it this year, but I am not sure if that is because the team and/or if he is still healing.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
For Dallas I could see Janmark and Honka being traded, both are RFAs. I don’t see a whole lot of change coming to our roster, probably just trying to add through UFA and pushing some players down into depth roles.

Bond

May 10, 2012
people and teams changed. Calgary maybe more desirable to him now

Very true. Will be an interesting offseason for the Flames. Carter might just be too slow. Monahan and Tkachuk are already iffy

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Caps would probably take a 5th or a 6th for Burakovsky if anyone wants to tender him at $3M

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I think the Canes will try to move one of TVR or Faulk this summer, with Faulk being the prefered player moved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad