Which players did you know growing up with?

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Party'd with two pretty famous NHL'ers.

Ray Emery (can't believe he died in Hamilton Harbour).
Sean Avery

Both were nuts as teenagers. Neither were your typical jock. Both straddled the line of crazy gangster. They would literally fight people for fun.
Good thing they would of had a drunk Finn to keep things level-headed.

Reactions: Canadian Finn

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Didn't grow up near a player, I was friends with Jim Carrey though. I almost killed him at a birthday party when he was 12. Horsing around he was eating a hotdog and I pushed his hand towards his mouth and he started choking on the hotdog. The parent of the birthday boy had to help him. He turned blue. But, he coughed up the dog and was fine.
Was he a good guy or a dummy?

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Grew up right around the corner from Bill White. Played a bit of ice hockey in backyard with him and Dennis Hall(when he visited). Went to school with Reggie Leachs cousins. Again when he visited in the summer used play ball hockey the odd time with us. Hated to play goal with that slapshot & orange hockey ball on a cold day.
Also went to high school with Peter Zezel. Knew the family well in the beaches. Beautiful parents.
Theirs more just can't think of them right now.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Saku Koivu. Played with him as a kid a lot because he was a lot at his cousins on the summer and we lived neighbours with them. I also later on played soccer on opposing teams against him. He was actually a superb soccerplayer also as junior. We lost a lot... Still if I see him in Turku, we exchange words when meet

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Grew up with Eric Vail and played with him and Don Lever when we won the All Ontario Juvenile Championship way back in 69-70. They both went on to Junior A the following year and Eric was NHL rookie of the year in 75..Man he could really shoot a puck even as a kid. Don went on to get drafted 3rd overall in 72..he had a long and distinguished career as a player and coach. Ah the good old days, on the outdoor rinks every day even at 30 below...

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I did not grow up with any NHL players but my childhood best friend and neighbor

ended up being vice president at TSN , he won a couple of Juno's working there

he was sleeping over the night my father passed and was a pallbearer for my mother

Calper

Aug 15, 2020
Played with Mike Eastwood and Peter White. Played against Andrew Cassels both 16 year olds in the old Metro Jr B league. Went to team Ontario with Shannahan, Marchment, Fogarty, Sydor, Taberacci, Jody Hull, Rob Blake to name a few

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Ryan Ellis

Jordan Swartz

Corey Syvret (now an NHL ref)

They were all way better than me :laugh:
I think all the posters in this thread can make that claim. :thumbu:

(Edit) That didn't come out the way I meant.

All the players we knew/met/played with or against are way better than the posters.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad