Which player(s) does McDavid remind you of the most?

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
In terms of his play style, which player(s) does he remind you of the most when it comes to similarity in their games?

I think a young OV in terms of blazing speed/stick-handling and controlling the play, and a Joe Thornton as a playmaker

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Very similar to Bure and/or Perreault in the way that he constantly attacks with speed and fearlessly challenges dmen. Also has elements of Datsyuk in his game with some of the wizard type stuff he does stick handling and stripping pucks off guys.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Very similar to Bure and/or Perreault in the way that he constantly attacks with speed and fearlessly challenges dmen. Also has elements of Datsyuk in his game with some of the wizard type stuff he does stick handling and stripping pucks off guys.

Well in McDavid's case it doesn't exactly take a lot of courage to challenge D-men.

I mean he often just skates around them without even bothering to deke. :laugh::laugh:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Hard to say. He can control plays, make you look stupid, look the goalies right in the eyes as if they're food in the wild, is quick, dynamic, can't think a player like that.

Best single comparison I can think of might be a rich person's Joe Sakic.

Skating of Pavel Bure, hands of Datsyuk, the complexity of Erik Karlsson, that's the most I can think of right now.

Last edited:

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Hard to say. He can control plays, make you look stupid, look the goalies right in the eyes as if they're food in the wild, is quick, dynamic, can't think of a good player.

Best single comparison I can think of might be a rich person's Joe Sakic.

Skating of Pavel Bure, hands of Datsyuk, the complexity of Erik Karlsson, that's the most I can think of right now.
So what you're saying is he sucks?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad