Which player is the all-time leader in empty net goals?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
This is a hard stat for me to find. But I do know Vincent Trochek got his first NHL goal on an empty net goal, which is the first player I know of to score their first NHL goal as an empty net goal.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Some rare statistics in that graphic. What blew my mind a little is that despite playing in almost 1,500 NHL games, Gretzky only had 5 penalty shot attempts in his career. Brad Isbister and Ziggy Palffy had that many.

The leaders? Vincent Lecavalier with 13. Ovechkin has 12. And Rick Nash and Pavel Bure are tied at 11.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Nobody worked harder for ENG's than Pavel Bure. He took it up another level with the opposing netminder pulled.

My Best-Carey

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Gretz really was a greedy SOB wasn't he. Dominating everyone statistically but still had to pad dem stats with the empty netters.

Which is even funnier because he has more assists than the next person on the all time scoring list has points...

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
This stat doesn't sway me on a player one way or the other. All empty-net goals mean is that you're a good enough defensive player for your coach to trust you late in close game situations.
Gretzky was good defensively? He didnt play defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad