Which player has most underwhelmed the most?

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Kessel. He has lost something to his game. It may be the lack of playing during the lockout or whatever it is, but his game has suffered. His points aren't bad, but he floats a lot and doesn't create offence for him or him team mates constantly, although when he does he's a stand out for sure.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Last time I checked, we weren't paying Grabovski 5.5 million to be a shut down centre, who is -4, and only has 11 points in 25 games.

At least Kessel is still doing his job, producing offensively.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Gunnar: he seems low on confidence. I think he will snap out of it, though.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
The right answer was Bozak. Grabovski is playing a shutdown role. Bozak is just not a #1.

Your name is accurate. :laugh: If you actually thought Bozak would perform like a #1C, you deserve to be underwhelmed and disappointed. Bozak hasn't been underwhelming, imo. He's been what he's always been (a solid 2B/3A center who is forced to play too many minutes because of how thin we are up the middle).

Last edited:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
There is no question who has underwhelmed the most this year, not going to say his name, we all know who that is.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
1. Phaneuf - Inconsistency is trademark, the bigger the game...the less we get.
2. Kessel - need more goals, but overall game is better.
3. Grabs - what happened to his scoring touch.
4. Gunnarson - He supposed to be hurt and plays like he is.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Grabo never chose to play a shutdown role, randy assigned it to him. You can tell he doesn't want that role by the way he tries to do too much. I hope RC is talking to him and communicating with him about that. Causes way to many turnovers. Kulie and komarov are doin great in a shutdown role, grabo just needs to adjust because he doesn't use his linemates enough.

Phaneuf is Phaneuf

Mar 11, 2010
Kessel has been entirely adequate this season. He's not scoring as much as we're used to, but he's always been a streaky player; if he gets hot he could still easily end this shortened season with 20+ goals, and he's still been contributing offensively, which is not as true of Grabo.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Kessel - not enough scoring due to fear of contact;
Phaneuf - inconsistent play;
Grabo - no scoring and too many turnovers.

These three in order.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad