Which player has most underwhelmed the most?

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
For me... Grabovski.
I don't think I even have to explain why. 5.5 million is way too much for a shadow of a player

I think it has to do with his new role. I don't think he's fully suited to be our shutdown centre but his hustle and determination is probably the biggest benefit for him.

He's supposed to be our secondary scoring centre but he's been overtaken by Kadri.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Grabo for me as well. At one time one of our most dynamic scoring players. Now he does nothing creative offensively

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
Grabovski and it's not even close. I think he gets bought out in the off season.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Grabo.

Not sure why all the hate for Kessel, he is what he is and will always be a scoring threat, he's just on an off year(which isnt even that off, he's like 0.8ppg).

Grabo however is hardly a consistent scoring threat, just playing solid defense, but that's not why he got the big money.

MiniMoose

Apr 12, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Kessel would be better if he had a worthy center. Same with Phaneuf. If he had someone other than AHL defensemen to play with, he would be drastically better. Anyways both players have always been the same, fading in and out of games. I can't however remember the last good game Grabovski had. All his rushes include him skating a mile, shoot and shot gets blocked. Rinse and repeat. Please pass on a rush, you ain't Kessel

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Connolly.
Then our best players who are not our best players (kessel/phaneuf)

thecatch22

May 17, 2012
Toronto
Grabo and Kessel.

Grabo last year for all his flaws I could point to and say that player left it all on the ice... not so much this year.

Kessel is not a player you win with. When he wins a board battle maybe I'll throw a party to celebrate the occasion.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
Grabo and Bozak. Grabo's being misused for his offensive #s. Bozak helping very little scoring wise with regards to JVR and Kessel and aside from that, and people want to resign him as the #3 center, he's missed his defensive coverage numerous times this season. Last 2 games, he's missed his defensive assaignment on 3 of the goals. Also he doesn't have that skating burst this season.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Grabo would be the obvious choice, but since I was never all that impressed with his one dimensional game, I will have to say Gunnarsson. He was supposed to be one of our more solid and versatile defensemen, but has had more bad games than not this season.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Gotta say Grabovski. He's been on vacation ever since he received that contract... at one point he was my favourite players now i'm pretty pissed off we have an unmovable contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad