JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
$15m x 4 cups.

Easily.

I play only for 7 years.

Rookie Deal $1m x 3 years
Bridge deal $3m x 4 years.
Win 4 cups, retire early with healthy body.

Reactions: Morrison and Yarice

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, choosing option 2 here is not the same as taking less money for your team to keep a winning core. For three reasons. 1) It's capped at 1 cup, if you take less to have a better team you don't have a cap on how many you could win as a result. 2) Taking less to win COULD in the long run maximize your net worth because your stock will go up after you win a cup. In this scenario your net worth is capped. 3) Show me who left 70 million on the table. Usually below market value is 1 million dollars a year or so.

Jabrony

Oct 29, 2012
I took the money because it makes the most sense. You guys say that you were fine with the 70 millions because its plenty but do you guys believe that players that don't win the cup are less happy in life then those that win one? Its the vibes I'm getting from some answers.

Also, if the cup was so important, why don't the young players wait until they win the cup to get paid? Just sign for 1 M at this point. Seems fair?

You can do way more with extra 70 millions then you can with a stanley cup, even if it might be one of the best moments of your life.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
It would be pretty hard to win 4 cups and only make 15 million. My guess is you would be a 4th line bubble player on the top team in the league and you broke into the league just in time for them to go on a crazy run winning 4 cups in 5 or 6 years then a few years later you were out of the NHL.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Agreed. Even if I end up as a Chris Kunitz-level player, I'll take 4 Cups all day every day.

And you're exactly right, $15 million is nothing to sneeze at. Plus, I wouldn't want paparazzi constantly swarming me lmao.

I can survive off $15 million and WINNING never gets old.

I’d be that player who takes less to keep my team competitive.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I'll trust the players on this one, no one has ever sacrificed anything close to 50 million dollars in order to win a cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00