Which one will Holland sign?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think Bogosian, or any of the players Regner mentions, would cost more than just Nyquist and likely wouldn't be worth the cost in assets. If Holland was really worried about having too many inexperienced guys coming into this season, he should have made sure Smith and Kindl had regular spots last season. They screwed up with that, and they'll likely just have to live through the growing pains this season.

Hckytwn

Don't do it Kenny...
Jul 9, 2010
Seattle, WA
If the Wings wanted a slow, soft, undersized 4th line center who hasn't shown any scoring ability in years, why wouldn't they just stick with Emmerton?

Thread winner. :laugh:

Redden would be ok... he's good D depth at worst. However, the last thing we need is another forward. Sammy was bad enough, can't imagine us taking in Gomez as well. We should be giving that ice time to Nyquist, Tatar, Mursak, etc.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Regner hasn't shut up about Bogosian since Bob Duff reported the Wings were offering Hudler and Ericsson for him a few years back. I doubt they'll make a move for him.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I think Bogosian, or any of the players Regner mentions, would cost more than just Nyquist and likely wouldn't be worth the cost in assets. If Holland was really worried about having too many inexperienced guys coming into this season, he should have made sure Smith and Kindl had regular spots last season. They screwed up with that, and they'll likely just have to live through the growing pains this season.

Kindl will be fine, he's played in over 100 NHL games and 55 came last year.. and he is what he is. Smith could come back and bite, at least to start. If he had been a regular last year, I think he could very well have been a legit top4 going into this season. Now he's just a prospect to be one.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
Kindl will be fine, he's played in over 100 NHL games and 55 came last year.. and he is what he is. Smith could come back and bite, at least to start. If he had been a regular last year, I think he could very well have been a legit top4 going into this season. Now he's just a prospect to be one.

At the very least, if Smith were here for more of last season, they'd know what to expect out of him this season. They'd be able to know whether or not he is a solid option on either PP/PK, who he plays well with, who he may not play well with...
It's kind of scary that Kindl has more than 100 games of experience, considering just how low he is on the depth chart at the NHL level. People act like the dude is a great ball of potential just waiting to shine, but he has been around for 100 games and really hasn't done much of anything to impress... I guess maybe part of that is having Lidstrom, Stuart, Kronwall, and for much of the time Rafalski to compete with for more playing time... maybe this is Kindl's make or break year. He has much less name-brand competition now, so maybe he'll work his way up the ladder. Dude just has to bring it, and actually find a way to impress. I think everyone will get a shot to show what they can do on the back end. It's not so clear on the front end, unfortunately.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
At the very least, if Smith were here for more of last season, they'd know what to expect out of him this season. They'd be able to know whether or not he is a solid option on either PP/PK, who he plays well with, who he may not play well with...
It's kind of scary that Kindl has more than 100 games of experience, considering just how low he is on the depth chart at the NHL level. People act like the dude is a great ball of potential just waiting to shine, but he has been around for 100 games and really hasn't done much of anything to impress... I guess maybe part of that is having Lidstrom, Stuart, Kronwall, and for much of the time Rafalski to compete with for more playing time... maybe this is Kindl's make or break year. He has much less name-brand competition now, so maybe he'll work his way up the ladder. Dude just has to bring it, and actually find a way to impress. I think everyone will get a shot to show what they can do on the back end. It's not so clear on the front end, unfortunately.

After watching Kindl play some lockout hockey and International competition, it's not like he shines there either. And every time there is a new guy on the team, he instantly jumps ahead of Kindl on the depth chart. My hopes for him to just burst out one of these days died last year. He's a month shy of 26, btw.. Not so young and promising anymore.

CloneHakanPlease*

. He's a month shy of 26, btw.. Not so young and promising anymore.

Is it bad that I feel that way about Brendan Smith now too? Dude is almost 24 and just now about to start his full season. Honestly makes me hate Holland's overripe philosophy in this instance.

As for Bog, I don't know if he's worth the price he is likely to garner. People saying that Nyquist + pick should do it are delusional. Winnipeg does not have any real reason to trade him, so you're paying full market value

Last edited by a moderator:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

I think Kindl will be fine, too, but it appears Holland isn't fine with Kindl, Smith and the host of other guys under 35. I think it's his own fault for not putting those guys into positions to earn his trust. instead, he's been like an overprotective parent, sheltering the kids from everything.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
CC won't last long in the lineup, one way or another.

It's bad news for Kindl that they're apparently still looking to add another defenseman. He's obviously not in the plans long-term.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground

It's bad news for Kindl that they're apparently still looking to add another defenseman. He's obviously not in the plans long-term.

True, unless he gives management a reason to be in long term plans. IMO he has all the tools to be a decent D-man and this is the perfect opportunity for him to step up a solidify a spot. I think (hope) that he will.

RedWingsNow*

Even still. He's averaging 65 games or so. That doesn't leave many left over for Kindl

RedWingsNow*

True, unless he gives management a reason to be in long term plans. IMO he has all the tools to be a decent D-man and this is the perfect opportunity for him to step up a solidify a spot. I think (hope) that he will.

How?
Is Kindl even going to play?

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
How?
Is Kindl even going to play?

Edit: Just found out the Kindl is injured and CC is 100%

Even still. He's averaging 65 games or so. That doesn't leave many left over for Kindl

Even if Cola gets the 6th spot over Kindl, I think it's safe to assume there is going to be healthy amount of rotation. This is a contract year for Kindl and they have to decide whether or not to re-sign him, and you gotta think that Kindl is going to be more motivated to prove his worth to this team and the 29 other teams.

Last edited:

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Redden for under $2 MM for the rest of the season? Was he THAT bad? I don't think so, and he'd probably fit in a Wings top four given what we're calling a top four right now.

Holland just said Kronwall was the face of the Wings defense. Translation: we've got some puckmoving, offensively-minded D but no one who can actually play defense very well right now. :sarcasm:

RedWingsNow*

Redden for under $2 MM for the rest of the season? Was he THAT bad? I don't think so, and he'd probably fit in a Wings top four given what we're calling a top four right now.

Holland just said Kronwall was the face of the Wings defense. Translation: we've got some puckmoving, offensively-minded D but no one who can actually play defense very well right now. :sarcasm:

I think that's entirely accurate.
I know everyone is big on Jonny E again, but he's still really flawed and he's very intense, nor does he use his size very well.

But Redden has never really been a defensive guy. Here's the scouting report from Forecaster/. Unfortunately, he fits in too well with the Wings:

ASSETS: Has excellent passing skills. Plays with ice water in his veins and never gets rattled. Is extremely durable and owns an accurate point shot. Is a solid puck mover.

FLAWS: Has regressed in his overall game with time. Tends to lack passion when he plays. Also lacks a physical game and doesn't initiate contact with any frequency.

CAREER POTENTIAL: Fading veteran puck-moving defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad