Which one will Holland sign?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
For a fourth line or third line center to just control play Gomez has uses still. He does that better than a lot of people think. He hasn't been scoring but, I still think he is an NHL player on skating and puck control. Once he is doing that as a million dollar player instead of seven million dollar player people will be okay with him. I would be shocked if the Devils didn't go after him really there are several teams that make sense and I don't think we are one. He should have options.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Neither of them are bought out, correct?

Edit: NVM... Redden would be like Cola 2.0 (He was a puck mover when he was good, correct?)... Dunno about Gomez. Probably not since we have a metric ton of center depth atm.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
For a fourth line or third line center to just control play Gomez has uses still. He does that better than a lot of people think. He hasn't been scoring but, I still think he is an NHL player on skating and puck control. Once he is doing that as a million dollar player instead of seven million dollar player people will be okay with him. I would be shocked if the Devils didn't go after him really there are several teams that make sense and I don't think we are one. He should have options.

If the Wings wanted a slow, soft, undersized 4th line center who hasn't shown any scoring ability in years, why wouldn't they just stick with Emmerton?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If the Wings wanted a slow, soft, undersized 4th line center who hasn't shown any scoring ability in years, why wouldn't they just stick with Emmerton?

I don't think the Wings need him, I am just saying those saying he has no value in the NHL are a little off-base in my opinion.

I would rather not sign either of these guys, but I also don't think either player is finished as a NHL player. It is about expectations and roles and these two can be useful guys in the right places.

For instance I hope the Blues don't get Redden, he would be a solid left-handed option for them.

RaySheppard

Oct 9, 2010
Both these guys have the ability to play in the NHL it is their contracts keeping them out. If they sign for around 1 million that is a good deal, I can even see Gomez getting a little more he actually does a good job controlling play hasn't lost a step just had a brutal go of it on a big deal in two big markets. I think a team like Nashville or Columbus would be wise to target him. Redden is a decent puck mover and a good number five or six now. I want bigger targets but should they strike out, as stop gaps you can do a lot worse than these two not that anyone wants to hear that around here. Cannot see either one right now but have no problem with either assuming is part of a much bigger plan.

They have to be signed for under $900 000, so they can be sent to the minors without the Big team paying the consequences.

CloneHakanPlease*

As much as he has regressed, Redden is still a better player than Carlo C. Giving him a 1 year 1 mil contract as essentially a try out couldnt hurt.

Jussha

Jan 15, 2006
I honestly wouldn't mind Redden as a 1yr/1 million dollar call up.

i honestly don't mind redden as a 1 year 1 million dollar top 6 dman on our team. If his contract wasn't so bad he would likely still be playing in the rangers lineup. For most part to he was a good soldier in the AHL and didn't complain about the situation. I'm pretty confident he would be better than Colaicavo and Kindl, and honestly he might still be better at certain aspects of the game than White and Quincey.

With his experience he might even be the best mentor to have for Brendan Smith if the first pairing is indeed Kronwall Ericsson

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
really don't want the Wings signing Redden if it means giving him an NHL spot because it probably means they'll waive Kindl

would rather just stick with what we have in that case

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
From Lebrun chat on espn.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/46766

Matt R. (Hockeytown)

Do the Wings take a chance on Redden to add some experienced depth? How about making a play for PK Subban?

Pierre LeBrun
(1:27 PM)

A source told me today that the Wings are undecided right now... certainly something they're mulling over but not clear whether or not they do it or not

Um.... Yeah maybe he is talking about the Subban thing not sure, but I am guessing the other one would upset a bunch of people around here.

Kiddington

Nov 3, 2008
Reno, NV
Honestly, I'd love to give Redden a shot on a dime-store contract. Even if he is on the wrong side of 30, he's a lot more intriguing than Colaiacovo at this point. Who knows, he could still have something left in the tank.

Only downside to this is, I see Kindl being cut/traded as collateral if it does actually happen. And that's a shame, since I still think the kid has all the tools to be a solid defenseman.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
From Lebrun chat on espn.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/46766

Um.... Yeah maybe he is talking about the Subban thing not sure, but I am guessing the other one would upset a bunch of people around here.

If we got Subban I'd mark out, but more than likely he's talking about Redden.

I wouldn't mind Redden but signing him buries Kindl and probably all but ends his tenure as a Wing. CarloCo becomes the 7th D.

If they signed Redden and sent Smith down and kept Kindl/CC as a battle for 6th/7th D, I'd riot.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Honestly, I'd love to give Redden a shot on a dime-store contract. Even if he is on the wrong side of 30, he's a lot more intriguing than Colaiacovo at this point. Who knows, he could still have something left in the tank.

Only downside to this is, I see Kindl being cut/traded as collateral if it does actually happen. And that's a shame, since I still think the kid has all the tools to be a solid defenseman.

I don't think Kindl would be much of a loss. If he were going to be more than a 3rd pair guy, he'd have shown some sign of it by now. And they have plenty of guys coming up that look like they have much higher ceilings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->