Which one means more, Olympic gold or Stanley cup?

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
It is a pretty tough question. I would probably say Olympic gold medal is a bigger thing as its only every 4 years and you play for your country. I know many NHL players agree with me, like Datsyuk just said yesterday. What do you think?

CocoCrisp

Feb 22, 2018
upload_2018-2-25_22-36-16.jpeg

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
For a hockey player it’s is (or should be) the Stanley Cup, AINEC.

Why it should be? Nothing is better than winning the olympic gold for your country which is actually MUCH more meaningful than winning a Stanley cup for the random team who picked/bought you. ;)

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
It's not a pretty tough question.

Better question:

Based on the mountain of corruption tied to the Olympics over the decades, why do people care about it?

Luge? Curling? High jump? Synchronized swimming? Figure skating?

We need to hold a major event every four years to showcase these things?

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Why it should be? Nothing is better than winning the olympic gold for your country which is actually MUCH more meaningful than winning a Stanley cup for the random team who picked/bought you. ;)

Nope.
Olympic hockey was never important until NHL players participated in it.

Olympics are meaningless for professional sports like Hockey, Soccer, Basketball & Baseball.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Still amazed that Russia, littered with NHL-calibre players, came very close to losing to Germany, yet celebrated like they won a best-on-best event. I'd have been very sheepish if I was Dats & Co. as they accepted their gold medals.
Pretty embarrassing.

Cotton

May 13, 2013

The Stanley Cup pre-dates hockey’s export to most nations who now enjoy it. It’s the holy grail for a hockey player in North America. They win it for themselves and their teammates, not the company logo. Its also harder to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad