Which one is the best fit for the Habs?

Which of these young UFA forwards would be the best fit for the Habs?

• Total voters

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
Duchene
He’s the most versatile. He plays centre but can slot on the wing. He’s fast and skilled but his attitude has been questioned at times. Has not shown consistency yet from year to year and seems cursed as his teams often end up being terrible.

Panarin
The most dynamic and spectacular of the bunch. Fans would love his skillset. However the Habs already have Drouin at first line LW who has a similar profile. Panarin is obviously better now though and a right hand shooter of his caliber would surely boost the PP instantly.

Skinner
Not the biggest, nor the strongest. Not very fast either. But this guy knows how to score goals when healthy and confident. Amazing instincts and hands around the net and in the slot. His goals would obviously be welcomed, especially on the PP, but not sure how the lack of speed and two-way play would work with the rest of the group.

Stone
Great size, shot and IQ. Right winger with a right hand shot. Plays a complete game. Lacks foot speed though and seems to struggle with health and micro fractures.

Let’s say the Habs lineup remains the same, and the team keeps performing well, which of these forwards with similar age and potential impact would you target this summer should they all hit free agency?

Reactions: Fixxer

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
70835305.jpg

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
I'd take my chances with Stone in FA this summer. I really like his game and I think he'd fit in well with the team.

That being said, I'd love to sign Panarin if he would come to Montreal, he's a legit game breaking talent, but I'm not sure how likely that is.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Stone in my opinion. Panarin is a heck of a player, however I just think Stone would fit in perfectly and would be the type of guy Julien would love to have.

Left wingers wouldn't even want to touch the puck against us since Stone/Armia would just steal it away.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Mark Stone. The guy is exactly what we need. A big bodied defensive beast who can put up PPG seasons. He makes people around him much better and I believe he and Kotkaniemi would make an unreal duo.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Duchene
He’s the most versatile. He plays centre but can slot on the wing. He’s fast and skilled but his attitude has been questioned at times. Has not shown consistency yet from year to year and seems cursed as his teams often end up being terrible.

Panarin
The most dynamic and spectacular of the bunch. Fans would love his skillset. However the Habs already have Drouin at first line LW who has a similar profile. Panarin is obviously better now though and a right hand shooter of his caliber would surely boost the PP instantly.

Skinner
Not the biggest, nor the strongest. Not very fast either. But this guy knows how to score goals when healthy and confident. Amazing instincts and hands around the net and in the slot. His goals would obviously be welcomed, especially on the PP, but not sure how the lack of speed and two-way play would work with the rest of the group.

Stone
Great size, shot and IQ. Right winger with a right hand shot. Plays a complete game. Lacks foot speed though and seems to struggle with health and micro fractures.

Let’s say the Habs lineup remains the same, and the team keeps performing well, which of these forwards with similar age and potential impact would you target this summer should they all hit free agency?

Stone is the best player, and the best leader. I would just go for him, if any.

Big problem is I don't think it is wise for the Habs ton spend on a massive 8 y x 9+ million deal this summer.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
None. Let's keep in mind that we have a great prospects/young players pool that will cost a lot of money in 3 to 5 yrs + Price/Weber's 18M$.

I don't want to sign any of these players at a ridiculous amount of money and term.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
We're too big for all that. Won't fit. Too tight. Next.

Apr 28, 2010
None. Let's keep in mind that we have a great prospects/young players pool that will cost a lot of money in 3 to 5 yrs + Price/Weber's 18M$.

I don't want to sign any of these players at a ridiculous amount of money and term.

Yep, same here. I want Suzuki and Poehling to make the team next season. I think getting younger is the way to go.

I still think a top 4 LD is what we need more. But there's not even one available that I actually like (Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps)

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The prices are going to be too high on those guys, via the trade route. UFA's in the summer might be the way to go.........

If we could have one, for me it would be Stone!!

Reactions: WG

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I'll take Stone but when I watch highly skilled teams like Tampa and the Leafs, to match their firepower, someone like Panarin would be welcome. Put him with Domi and Tatar.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
We need a RW so Stone.

Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Byron
Tatar - Domi - Stone

Stone would allow us to have a 'real' first line...and that top 9 as a whole could do some major damage in the playoffs.

Reactions: Habs4Life

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
We need a RW so Stone.

Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Byron
Tatar - Domi - Stone

Stone would allow us to have a 'real' first line...and that top 9 as a whole could do some major damage in the playoffs.
Having Tatar-Domi-Stone as the third line would be quite a feat lmao...

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Stone - will sign in Ottawa and become their captain.

Duchene - Preds

Panarin - NYR. I think they accelerate their "rebuild" plans a little and pay the money he's gonna want.

Skinner - Hard to say. Probably Buffalo pays a boatload for him.

(Bonus): Bob - Florida

Edit: To stay on topic, Stone would be the best fit. But I want Panarin the most, as I love the skilled guys.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
STONE!!!!!

We need to put this player under contract if he becomes available

Drouin-Domi-Stone
Kreider :D-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Byron-Poehling -Shaw

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
We can't afford a big contract without saying goodbye to some our guys coming up for UFA/RFA, they are almost all on steals compared to their production.

By the end of the 2021 season (not that far away), we will have to sign Gallagher, Danault, Kotkaniemi, Tatar and Petry. As well as Domi by the end of 2020. As well as a number of less important guys that still need replacing.

Even if you say we can let a couple of those guys go, signing even 4 of the 6 will be expensive, and we lose 2 quality guys. Also Alzner is still on the books. We need to be careful with our cap space with Price's contract.

Hopefully our young guys can fill up spots on ELCs, but you can't rely on them replacing high end talent like the players I mentioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: HABitual Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad