Which of these two options would you prefer?

What would you prefer for this year’s playoff race?

• Get in as 8th seed while keeping current head coach

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Miss playoffs, land a top 10 pick at the draft

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Top 10 pick AINEC

This team has f***ing stunk in the playoffs the last 5 years under Sullysma

He’s not gonna suddenly flip the “magic playoff” switch and POOF we’ll be a juggernaut again. Or even a threat quite frankly.

At least…not with him at the helm.

That dumb chowdahhead can’t get a full and consistent 60 minutes out of this roster. Nor can he get them to protect any lead most nights it seems like.

Reactions: Night Shift

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Top 10 pick AINEC

This team has f***ing stunk in the playoffs the last 5 years under Sullysma

He’s not gonna suddenly flip the “magic playoff” switch and POOF we’ll be a juggernaut again. Or even a threat quite frankly.

At least…not with him at the helm.

That dumb chowdahhead can’t get a full and consistent 60 minutes out of this roster. Nor can he get them to protect any lead most nights it seems like.

But I'm telling you:

Every Spring on opening night of the playoffs, The Great Sullivan is gonna come out of the pumpkin patch bringing joy to all boys and girls of Western PA and pens fans around the world.

You'll see!

CutPaste_2023-01-10_20-06-05-476.jpg

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
But I'm telling you:

Every Spring on opening night of the playoffs, The Great Sullivan is gonna come out of the pumpkin patch bringing joy to all boys and girls of Western PA and pens fans around the world.

You'll see!

View attachment 633577

Keep away from Pumpkin-Sully
Unless your tired of winnin’
His style of play is dull and dead
He’s stale and unforgivin’

:laugh:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Night Shift

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I mean... I always want this team to win.

But...

They are old, past it and stale AF while being coached by a guy who has one idea and that's to flip the RW on the top two lines. That's it. That's his "move." So they don't stand a chance in the playoffs for a variety of reasons. I take the pick in THIS draft under this hypothetical. Potentially killer draft.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
It's either the first option or a third, not listed option for me: make highly risky Rutherfordesque all-in moves to get as strong as possible at the deadline. In my opinion, the second option the poll is the worst scenario.

The prospect pool is pretty shallow, so the first option would at least give the organization an opportunity to address that a bit.

The third option is my preference. Not just this year, but every year they have Crosby, Malkin, and Letang. Deal whatever picks/prospects that actually have value, and then struggle through a few years as the absolute worst team in the league like '02-'04 ish.

This team's flaws are pretty glaring. We'll see if Hextall can rectify them. However, since he just sent Friedman down instead of Ruhwedel, I don't have much faith there.

Reactions: Andy99

SteadyYeti

Aug 1, 2022
In: Vasily Podkolzin, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, and Curtis Lazar

Out: Brian Dumoulin and Jason Zucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad