Which of these teams has the most pressure to win a Stanley Cup?

what do you think?

• Total voters

slapKing

Feb 12, 2020
Canada
Simple question. It's super hard to win the cup, but these teams have been pretty darn good for a few years now, some longer than others of course. However, which team has the most pressure to win the cup given the quality of players they have?

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
I would say Toronto but with how consistently they let their fans down I think deep down nobody really expects much anymore.

Edmonton maybe because of McDavid and Draisatl but they are still pretty young and the team still seems like it's missing something.

Voted Colorado because the way they have been talked about for the last few years is as if they are a given to win every year. But they've done nothing. Now they've started relatively slow and have serious question marks in net with a bunch of expiring contracts coming up.

Reactions: slapKing

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think for Vegas the only pressure is to wipe a lot of fans' memory of the Fleury trade. A lot of people I talk to in town are still really pissed off about it. He was adored in this city. Like I don't think it would be a stretch to say he was the most beloved person in the city.

Past that, I mean Foley's expansion goal was playoffs in 3, cup in 6. So in the name of silly expectations, I guess Vegas has a two year window. But in reality they have more like 4 with this current core given the ages of some of their better players and the fact that Vegas pretty much mortgaged their entire prospect pipeline aside from Hague trying to get a cup.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I’m not sure about any of their short term pressure…to win a Stanley Cup.

Leafs and Oilers probably have done immediate pressure for for some sort of playoff success for sure, but if either of them win a couple of rounds this year, then much of the current pressure will be subdued for a while.

Longer term, Edmonton has the best player of a generation. When was the last time the clear cut best player didn’t eventually win a cup? Longer term, because of McDavid, it just has to be Edmonton.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
As a Leafs fan, I don't expect him to win a round even if they win the President's trophy this season. Toronto probably always has the most pressure to win, though. Not sure any of the other markets listed can compare to the pressure in Toronto in general. But personally, my expectations are 0.

Reactions: slapKing

Mar 26, 2010
I would say Edmonton, because they claim to have the best ever.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
"We've been an NHL team for like... almost 5 years and we haven't won a cup. We like, deserve it or something."

- Vegas Golden Knights, if it was a person, probably

Reactions: Rob Brown

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I would say Edmonton, because they claim to have the best ever.

They have the best right now. They also had the best ever.

Those aren't claims, those are facts. Now it's just a matter of surrounding the current best with the right personnel.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Colorado

You poll most Leafs fans and they'd probably take a 2nd round exit

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I would say Toronto but with how consistently they let their fans down I think deep down nobody really expects much anymore.

Edmonton maybe because of McDavid and Draisatl but they are still pretty young and the team still seems like it's missing something.

Voted Colorado because the way they have been talked about for the last few years is as if they are a given to win every year. But they've done nothing. Now they've started relatively slow and have serious question marks in net with a bunch of expiring contracts coming up.

Great post and how I feel.

Nobody really expects the Leafs to ever actually do something like......win a Stanley Cup, or even make the final!

Edmonton? They're missing something, possibly the playoffs at this point. But they could go all the way more easily than the Leafs.

Also voted Colorado. To me they're the only team I can think of that is constantly EXPECTED to go deep each year.

Reactions: Asinine

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
eh with all their 1st round losses I think winning a couple rounds would be viewed as "enough" at this point

Eh, Leafs fan here.

We need to bust out of that first round to see what happens next.

There's nothing to see beyond that until it happens and every Leafs fan is well aware of that.

But I'm still gonna enjoy whatever ride they take me on........ (ahhh that goddamned cliff again!)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad