Speculation: Which of these players would you prefer CBJ to trade for ?

Who ?

• Total voters

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
My vote is for none of the above. I don't want to trade the pieces required to get a deal done. These teams are going to want one of Texier/Marchenko and a 1st round pick. Where we currently are at, there's no way that's worth it. Who knows how far we are from competing. I rather see what some of this young talent can do. I also think Marchenko is going to be very good

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
My vote is for none of the above. I don't want to trade the pieces required to get a deal done. These teams are going to want one of Texier/Marchenko and a 1st round pick. Where we currently are at, there's no way that's worth it. Who knows how far we are from competing. I rather see what some of this young talent can do. I also think Marchenko is going to be very good
I don't have problem to trade Marchenko, he's only a winger who can't play center. But with the 1th round when we can get RD or C yes.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I think adding a guy like Cernak in a couple of years would make a lot more sense than the choices in this thread. The guy has won 2 Cups. He is 24. He is a right D with some size.
I think trading for players who benefited from stacked Tampa’s team is a risky move. I recall Namestnikov was scoring in bunches when he was traded and then faded on other teams

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I think trading for players who benefited from stacked Tampa’s team is a risky move. I recall Namestnikov was scoring in bunches when he was traded and then faded on other teams

And JT Miller got better with the opportunity to play more. I would be careful with some guys on Tampa (like Cirelli) but Cernak is the real deal. I am not looking for a score first defensemen - we need a big right D who will be good in the room and kill penalties and clear guys out from in front of the goal. Plus he has been willing to fight such NHL tough guys as Tom Wilson and Matt Calvert.

Reactions: VT and majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Cernak is really solid, I think he is a safe guy to project into any system. Very similar to Gavrikov.

Reactions: koteka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad