Which of the Leafs big 4 represents each big 4 accounting firm best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Nylander.

I'd say Marner = Ernst & Young.
They are stereotyped to hire the more sociable ones in comparison to the rest. Marner seems to fit that bill.

Tavares = Deloitte
Their employees are stereotyped as nerds who are not very out going compared to the others. Tavares definitely comes across as a quieter person who's not very outgoing and would probably agree with being called a hockey nerd.

Nylander = KPMG. Easily the most criticized and made fun of, out of the big 4, even if it is just for memes. Also the smallest of the bunch overall by a long margin (Probably is different in Canada though). Is Nylander good at golf? They're stereotyped as a very pro golf firm.

Matthews = PwC. Process of elimination

Edit: how do you mark a thread OT?

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Leafs Powerplay is this years CEFE.
The cpao is a terribly run org. It is funny they test for performance management yet continually f*** up the cfe process year after year. Should learn from how the cfa guys do it.

Reactions: WillNy29

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Now let's compare them to McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King and Harvey's.
Mcdonalds- Marner, always smiling, can still probably qualify for a happy meal.

Wendy's -Nylander, great hair like Wendy.

Burger King- Tavares, hangs out in the background, the whopper is always there when you need it.

Harveys-Matthews, flame grills those goals and makes them your way.

Reactions: Ezio Auditor

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Mcdonalds- Marner, always smiling, can still probably qualify for a happy meal.

Wendy's -Nylander, great hair like Wendy.

Burger King- Tavares, hangs out in the background, the whopper is always there when you need it.

Harveys-Matthews, flame grills those goals and makes them your way.

Marner is A&W home of the teen burger

Reactions: Fred Sheeran

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
As a big Harry Potter fan I got this one

nylander - slitheran

marner - huffnpuff

matthews - thrown off train for thinking he's too cool for school

tavares - gandalf

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Babcock is that accountant whose office is above a laundry mat. Uses an abacus and an accounting machine to calculate because that just the way he’s always done it, and says things like “internet? Accounts don’t go job the internet”
You know an abacus is very very accurate and more precise than most calculators in simple mathematics?
:nod:

Reactions: Walshy7

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I was recently at a conference for accountants in Ottawa. There were 2 accountants from one of the municipalities in and around Toronto (York/Peel not sure). Anyway the point is the both looked exactly like Kyle Dubas. Same hair same glasses. I think accountants in Toronto have found their hero in Dubas.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I was recently at a conference for accountants in Ottawa. There were 2 accountants from one of the municipalities in and around Toronto (York/Peel not sure). Anyway the point is the both looked exactly like Kyle Dubas. Same hair same glasses. I think accountants in Toronto have found their hero in Dubas.

Hero? The way he spends money he’s the anti-christ.

Reactions: CDN24

WilliamInLondon

Mar 24, 2016
Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Nylander.

I'd say Marner = Ernst & Young.
They are stereotyped to hire the more sociable ones in comparison to the rest. Marner seems to fit that bill.

Tavares = Deloitte
Their employees are stereotyped as nerds who are not very out going compared to the others. Tavares definitely comes across as a quieter person who's not very outgoing and would probably agree with being called a hockey nerd.

Nylander = KPMG. Easily the most criticized and made fun of, out of the big 4, even if it is just for memes. Also the smallest of the bunch overall by a long margin (Probably is different in Canada though). Is Nylander good at golf? They're stereotyped as a very pro golf firm.

Matthews = PwC. Process of elimination

Edit: how do you mark a thread OT?

Marner, Tavares, Nylander, Matthews = Grant Thornton. They get the job done, are just a cut below the elites, but paid about the same nonetheless, and thus more than what's commensurate with their skills, reputation, and achievements to date.

Reactions: Ezio Auditor

v4karuna

Apr 23, 2015
I don't know anything about accountants, so I'll do tech companies.

Marner = Uber

Matthews = Tesla

JT = Amazon

Nylander = Instagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad