Which of the Leafs big 4 represents each big 4 accounting firm best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Nylander.

I'd say Marner = Ernst & Young.
They are stereotyped to hire the more sociable ones in comparison to the rest. Marner seems to fit that bill.

Tavares = Deloitte
Their employees are stereotyped as nerds who are not very out going compared to the others. Tavares definitely comes across as a quieter person who's not very outgoing and would probably agree with being called a hockey nerd.

Nylander = KPMG. Easily the most criticized and made fun of, out of the big 4, even if it is just for memes. Also the smallest of the bunch overall by a long margin (Probably is different in Canada though). Is Nylander good at golf? They're stereotyped as a very pro golf firm.

Matthews = PwC. Process of elimination

Edit: how do you mark a thread OT?
The only similarity I can see is like accountants, those 4 may not be around in 15 years ;)

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

They are stereotyped to hire the more sociable ones in comparison to the rest. Marner seems to fit that bill.

Tavares = Deloitte
Their employees are stereotyped as nerds who are not very out going compared to the others. Tavares definitely comes across as a quieter person who's not very outgoing and would probably agree with being called a hockey nerd.

Nylander = KPMG. Easily the most criticized and made fun of, out of the big 4, even if it is just for memes. Also the smallest of the bunch overall by a long margin (Probably is different in Canada though). Is Nylander good at golf? They're stereotyped as a very pro golf firm.

Fun thread. I worked at 2 of them in past so kinda interesting comments on each. Have to say I would agree except swop of Matty for Willy. KPMG has 'the northern Toronto ace' who I think has more hole in 1's than anyone else I know of in the city. Won't use partners name because probably not right on here. But I saw 1 of them. Matty is such a shooter he would have to fit that bill. and Tavares for sure would work at Deloitte. A leader who takes charge and gets in done. So by default would put Willy at PwC.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
upload_2019-11-8_6-43-31.png

Reactions: Ezio Auditor

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Beat me to it. Although I was thinking of comparing our club’s stars to brands of paints.

This is much more exciting!

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Tavares = Deloitte

Which of the firms post hours but don’t actually open on time?

Whichever ones those are... that’s our Big 4.

Reactions: aingefan

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
I always thought there were 3?
There used to be 5
PwC
KPMG
Deloitte
EY
Arthur Andersen

Then Arthur Andersen was involved in the Enron scandal helping them bamboozle millions from investors. They were fined out of existence. A lot of their accountants got roles at the other firms.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
KPMG and Ernst & Young are being investigated for money laundering in Europe. Most money driven = Matthews and Marner.

PW first in on crypto currency. Tavares first in on $11M UFA money.

Delloitte fined 4.2M for professional incompetence in 2011 and 2012. Willie playing professionally incompetent in 2018 and 2019.

Bonus

Lehman Brothers. Failed after creating the appearance they had $50B more cash than they did. Tyson Barrie failed after creating appearance he was still a 50pt defenseman

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Haha the responses cracked me up hard. I must say, my expectations when creating this thread at 3 am (not sure why) have been greatly surpassed. :laugh:

Last edited:

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
I don't even really consider Nylander to be part of the "big 4" or whatever anymore.

So Nylander is more like just a small bookkeeper.

Reactions: nuck

hfman

Oct 30, 2013

Tavares = Deloitte

congratulations!!!

you have won the most ******-up topic of the year award!!!

Reactions: Ezio Auditor

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I don't even really consider Nylander to be part of the "big 4" or whatever anymore.

So Nylander is more like just a small bookkeeper.

Exactly only charges a bit over 1/2 as much as the big guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad