Which of our new division rivals do you hate the most?

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Also, I can understand the hatred of the Flyers. Since I am from Philly, they were my team before the Jackets. But they do have an arrogant, annoying style to their play, so I can understand how they would generate animosity.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Penguins and Rangers. Both have d-bag fans and the Rags have my #3 and #4 all-time least favorite former CBJ players in Brassard and Dorsett.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Also, I can understand the hatred of the Flyers. Since I am from Philly, they were my team before the Jackets. But they do have an arrogant, annoying style to their play, so I can understand how they would generate animosity.

I am not enarmored of the team, but I always wish Jake well. I still wish we would have kept him. He's matured a lot.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Because I've spent the last 4.5 years in Philadelphia, I'll have to go with the Flyers fans for their incessant whining (ALMOST made me miss the OSU fan whining) and their glorification of cheap shots. They're just the worst.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Definitely sense a nice rivalry between the Jackets and Flyers budding this season. But boy do I hate Pittsburgh.

this.

Personally I think the Pens make more sense, but PHI seems more of a rivalry on the ice, maybe because of their proximity to us in the standings. NYR/CBJ interaction seems too friendly to every be a rivarly imo. They have several popular ex Jackets and we have a few of their well liked players as well. NJ and CAR could both blow up this season if we all stay in the hunt.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Boston and Pittsburgh.

It is a strictly jealous hate because we aren't even in the same atmosphere as these guys. They dominate us and they know it. They are not afraid of us.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Rangers tops the list. Pens/Flyers are a close second/third. Carolina would have to come next.

Can't hate NJ. Washington and the Islanders don't bother me.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Boston and Pittsburgh.

It is a strictly jealous hate because we aren't even in the same atmosphere as these guys. They dominate us and they know it. They are not afraid of us.

Reminder: Boston is not in our Division.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
Pittsburgh and nobody else is even close.

Penguins fans have irritated me ever since they discovered their city had a hockey team in 2005, but it went full hatred on December 4, 2010. That was the worst game I've ever been to at Nationwide Arena and I've never seen such boorish behavior out of grown adults. I was embarrassed for the Pittsburgh fans.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
1a - Pitt bunch of $#%#$%#$%T#$%
1b - Philly. I was raised to hate them, that has not gone away.
3 - NYR. For that matter, New Yorkers in general (NYC, not upstate, upstate is fine).

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh and nobody else is even close.

Penguins fans have irritated me ever since they discovered their city had a hockey team in 2005, but it went full hatred on December 4, 2010. That was the worst game I've ever been to at Nationwide Arena and I've never seen such boorish behavior out of grown adults. I was embarrassed for the Pittsburgh fans.

What makes it even worse are the bandwagon Columbusites showing up in Pens gear (sort of like the Eastern Conference answer to the Red Wings).

NOTE: If you think it's bad in C-Bus, Cleveland is even worse. Do these people even realize that Ohio has an NHL team? Seems far preferable to me as a Clevelander than rooting for a Detroit or Pittsburgh team, no matter how good they are.

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
Unlike my distaste for Datroit, I don't hate any of our new rivals.

I'm enjoying keeping closer watch on certain players and teams in our new division.

I respect talent regardless of the color of the sweater.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I hate em all, but Pit-sburgh would be number 1. That has got to be the luckiest damn sports city in the history of sports cities.

Rant start.

And I agree about the bandwagon Pits fans that live here and root for the CBJ until the Pens come to town. I used to sit near a couple in 105 that were season ticket holders and showed up for Dead thing games in their winged wheel gear and go nuts for Detroit. Needless to say, we never spoke. I get that they are spending money buying season tickets and support the CBJ otherwise, but damn that really irritated me. Damn Pits fans in this town do the same thing. Buddy of mine does the same with the Leafs. MAN!! That makes me crazy!

Rant over.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I hate em all, but Pit-sburgh would be number 1. That has got to be the luckiest damn sports city in the history of sports cities.

Rant start.

And I agree about the bandwagon Pits fans that live here and root for the CBJ until the Pens come to town. I used to sit near a couple in 105 that were season ticket holders and showed up for Dead thing games in their winged wheel gear and go nuts for Detroit. Needless to say, we never spoke. I get that they are spending money buying season tickets and support the CBJ otherwise, but damn that really irritated me. Damn Pits fans in this town do the same thing. Buddy of mine does the same with the Leafs. MAN!! That makes me crazy!

Rant over.

I'm considering a move to either Arizona or DC. I will plan to attend Yotes or Caps games, cheer good play, enjoy the atmosphere, and learn more about either home team by following them in the local rags. Should it be Phoenix, I may even occasionally wear a Cubist Coyote sweater, since it's my all-time favorite, though I won't be overtly rooting for them. For that matter, I may wear it in DC, too! When the Jackets come to town, I'll pull on my pre-first season sweater and let them know Ohio's in the house!

And I don't care what anyone else thinks about it.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I'm considering a move to either Arizona or DC. I will plan to attend Yotes or Caps games, cheer good play, enjoy the atmosphere, and learn more about either home team by following them in the local rags. Should it be Phoenix, I may even occasionally wear a Cubist Coyote sweater, since it's my all-time favorite, though I won't be overtly rooting for them. For that matter, I may wear it in DC, too! When the Jackets come to town, I'll pull on my pre-first season sweater and let them know Ohio's in the house!

And I don't care what anyone else thinks about it.

You have the same attitude I have.

Not sure why these other guys are so upset. If you aren't a bandwagon fan (have some real association with the other team), I don't see the issue supporting Columbus for 79 or 80 games until your childhood team comes into town. However you better wear that same jersey if said childhood team starts sucking. You are, at that point, supposed to be die-hard fan.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
You have the same attitude I have.

Not sure why these other guys are so upset. If you aren't a bandwagon fan (have some real association with the other team), I don't see the issue supporting Columbus for 79 or 80 games until your childhood team comes into town. However you better wear that same jersey if said childhood team starts sucking. You are, at that point, supposed to be die-hard fan.

Part of it is just how obnoxious some of those fans are. I actually agree with your sentiment but man those Pens fans (even the ones from C Bus) are annoying.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Part of it is just how obnoxious some of those fans are. I actually agree with your sentiment but man those Pens fans (even the ones from C Bus) are annoying.

Ohio State football fans living in southern Michigan or wherever most likely never behave obnoxiously when an opportunity to jab the fans of the hometown school arises.

It's the way some people are. (Not pete, of course.) Pens fans are additionally empowered by their numbers here - a combination of locals, transplants and travelers.

I wish locals who had been Pens/Wings/Hawks fans because there was no local team would switch allegiances to the CBJ. Transplants (especially those since 2000) and travelers... what are you gonna do? Your team has to win the damn game.

FWIW:
I have traveled with groups of Steeler fans from central Ohio to Steeler-Bengal games in Cincy. So yeah, I've been that guy - proud of my team and of the commitment of my invading fanbase. I've cheered my team heartily, but never once taken the opportunity to insult hometown fans.

I also hate the "invasion" when it happens for Jackets games. I am a two-face turncoat fan.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Because I've spent the last 4.5 years in Philadelphia, I'll have to go with the Flyers fans for their incessant whining (ALMOST made me miss the OSU fan whining) and their glorification of cheap shots. They're just the worst.

Says a guy with a picture of a severely concussed Jake Voracek as his avatar.

What a hypocrite. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad