Which NHL award will Alfie be presenting?

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Have any other retired players presented in the past couple years? Did they present to players from their team?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Alfie is presenting the Calder because HE won it, not necessarily because Stone did.

Doesn't change anything re: who won the award, IMO

with alfredsson saying "if stone doesn't win the calder i will give him mine", i doubt alfie would accept the invitation if he didn't know he would be presenting it to stone.

For him to present it to someone else after releasing those comment would be something else, that's for sure.

I honestly think it points all signs to stone winnning.

Last edited:

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
with alfredsson saying "if stone doesn't win the calder i will give him mine", i doubt alfie would accept the invitation if he didn't know he would be presenting it to stone.

For him to present it to someone else after releasing those comment would be something else, that's for sure.

This. It'd be a pretty classless move by the NHL if they got alfie to present it to Ekblad or Gaudreau

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Meh, i think we are looking way too much into it.

He did win the Calder before, so that is probably the reason why he is presenting it.

Thinking that this points to Stone winning is just wishful thinking imo.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

He did win the Calder before, so that is probably the reason why he is presenting it.

I honestly think the NHL wouldn't ask him if it wasn't stone. They'd wait until there was a year with no senators player in it. Most likely next year. They would not make him got out and NOT announce the sens player the same season he officially retired an Ottawa Senator. Especially with him publicly stating he strongly believes stone should win the award. The NHL is pretty classy and that would be asking for an awkward situation.

I don't think its reading too much into it, i just think its fairly obvious/predictable.

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014

I honestly think the NHL wouldn't ask him if it wasn't stone. They'd wait until there was a year with no senators player in it. Most likely next year. They would not make him got out and NOT announce the sens player the same season he officially retired an Ottawa Senator. Especially with him publicly stating he strongly believes stone should win the award. The NHL is pretty classy and that would be asking for an awkward situation.

I don't think its reading too much into it, i just think its fairly obvious/predictable.

This.

There's wishful thinking, and there's common sense. The NHL is certainly not looking to ruin anyones day or step on anyones toes... getting Alfredsson to present the award to anyone but Stone would be head scratching, it would lack logic.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

Gaudreau wins it and then alfredsson gives his to stone and then raises both their arms in the air lol

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Assume this pretty much gives away Mark Stone is the Calder winner as other's have alluded too...in other news whilst also being a finalist Erik Karlsson will be awarding, neat!:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad