Which NHL award will Alfie be presenting?

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Apparently Alfie will be in Vegas to present an award but he doesn't know which one. I can see the argument for both the Norris and the Calder.
  • Former Calder winner presenting to newest Calder winner from same team
  • Former Captain presenting Norris to present Captain from same team
  • Or will it be a different award?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Probably the Calder. But maybe the Mark Messier leadership award, or whatever it's called.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Probably means Norris for sure since Karlsson favourite to win it.

Then again he won the Calder and if Stone is going to win it then my money is on that.

IMO he'll present the award of which ever Senator is going to win it. Most likely Norris especially after Alfie called down Karlsson 7 years prior. Perfect passing of the torch.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Is there anything to suggest it will be a high profile award (I've never actually watched an awards show so I don't know if they present all of them)?

What if it's like one of those trophies for "perseverance" or "community contribution" or whatever?

If it's going to be a high profile award - I'd go with Calder.

I'm guessing it's going to be Masterton or something like that... a "feel good" award.

Of course the dream would be he presents Karlsson with the Norris.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Man this would be one nice troll job to the sens fans if he presents the Norris/Calder to one of the other candidates.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Man this would be one nice troll job to the sens fans if he presents the Norris/Calder to one of the other candidates.

They wouldn't have invited him to present if that were the case. It's why I think it will be to one of the Sens nominees. My pick is Norris but I can see the argument for the Calder too.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
This resembles the time when Matthew Perry presented the Norris.

Even though it was still 50/50 chance Karlsson was gonna win or not prior to the selection(probably less) I immediately knew Karlsson was gonna win when I seen Matthew Perry up there as he is a huge Sens fan.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
This resembles the time when Matthew Perry presented the Norris.

Even though it was still 50/50 chance Karlsson was gonna win or not prior to the selection(probably less) I immediately knew Karlsson was gonna win when I seen Matthew Perry up there as he is a huge Sens fan.

he's a casual fan. and a casual kings fan too now. Dont ask him to name a roster or recall important goals or trades or anything like that.

there's nothing wrong with that, but calling him a HUGE sens fan is a misnomer.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
he's a casual fan. and a casual kings fan too now. Dont ask him to name a roster or recall important goals or trades or anything like that.

there's nothing wrong with that, but calling him a HUGE sens fan is a misnomer.

Well I was trying to imply he's a big enough Sens fan(especially among celebs) that it was pretty obvious who the selection was gonna be since he was up there and imo he's more than just a casual fan.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
[NHL]99337[/NHL]

take a look at this interview from 2011 - hockey stuff starts around 2:00. Ive seen a few others, but the jist of it is the same.

i get the impression that he was a big (kings) fan as a kid, then life happened. He'll cheer for the sens, but he doesnt seem to 'follow' them closely. Doubt he watches more than a couple of sens games a year.

though he did call the bruins cup that year, by accident of course.

mrkevo

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
Man I hope EK gets the Norris. Im tired of him not getting the respect he deserves by pretty much everyone other then sens fans. Maybe it will finally shut them up if he wins it for the second time.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Man I hope EK gets the Norris. Im tired of him not getting the respect he deserves by pretty much everyone other then sens fans. Maybe it will finally shut them up if he wins it for the second time.

He'd have to win a Norris while playing for a big market team to get league-wide respect from fans.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
[NHL]99337[/NHL]

take a look at this interview from 2011 - hockey stuff starts around 2:00. Ive seen a few others, but the jist of it is the same.

i get the impression that he was a big (kings) fan as a kid, then life happened. He'll cheer for the sens, but he doesnt seem to 'follow' them closely. Doubt he watches more than a couple of sens games a year.

though he did call the bruins cup that year, by accident of course.

I know a cousin of his quite well. It's actually the opposite. He was a huge Sens fan early when the team first came back and through til 2009 or so. He wore Sens gear as a badge of honor around LA and was heavily invested in the team. During the Cup run, he went to every game in the Finals including the ones in Ottawa.

He's always has Kings season tix and when they got great, it was hard to not sway towards them. Especially once he got to know the guys on the team.

He still likes the Sens though. If he's able to, he goes to all the games on their western swing. If the Sens were a force again, he'd be fully behind them.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
He'd have to win a Norris while playing for a big market team to get league-wide respect from fans.

Rubbish! He's about to win his second, that puts him in very elite company, large or small market. Stop being paranoid about what clowns say on this website. It's my opinion this board doesn't represent the Sens fanbase as a whole, nor the league-wide in general. In general, it's a hive mind that specializes in group think.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland

It has nothing to do with market size. People will appreciate/be jealous and so on, it goes with being a star player with huge upside. Ultimately, Karlsson will be given wide respect when he leads his team to a deep playoff run. That's the ultimate measuring stick. It was the same with Alfredsson and it will be the same with Erik. Which is why I hope Murray's rebuild comes to a head soon so the team can be elite enough to get home ice advatange in the post-season.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Imagine if Subban won the award? We will then get stupid Habs fans arguing how Subban is better because he has two Norris trophies even though the trophy is voted on by a bunch of media people on who they think is the best defenseman.

The NHL awards is just like the Oscars. These awards don't really mean **** in the long run.

I honestly don't really care who wins. I don't need an award to tell me who is really the better defenseman.

Last edited:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Nah, fans of other teams will simply say that the Norris has become a joke.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I know a cousin of his quite well. It's actually the opposite. He was a huge Sens fan early when the team first came back and through til 2009 or so. He wore Sens gear as a badge of honor around LA and was heavily invested in the team. During the Cup run, he went to every game in the Finals including the ones in Ottawa.

He's always has Kings season tix and when they got great, it was hard to not sway towards them. Especially once he got to know the guys on the team.

He still likes the Sens though. If he's able to, he goes to all the games on their western swing. If the Sens were a force again, he'd be fully behind them.

Yea he even wore Sens Jersey in couple episodes of the friends or something. I remember in our cup run he was always there and couple times with Downing jr or whatever that guy name is lol. Im sure he told NHL he wanted to present prize if Karlsson won.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad