Which long term top 4 is your favorite?

Which future top 4 is most appealing to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

member 96824

To be honest, I’m not sure most realize how much Krug drives offense on this team. He is so underrated on here it’s sad. We are going to have some dark days figuring out transition and how to run a power play when he’s gone, mark my words

I agree with that wholeheartedly, but at the same time, there is an economic reality that he probably deserves an 8 year, $64M contract in today's NHL and that probably doesn't fit within our structure, unfortunately. Huge fan of Torey as a player and as a person. If we can get him to fit, that would be incredible, but I also want to see him get paid what he's worth.

member 96824

surprised at the "let Krug walk" crowd, many here screamed from the top of buildings about DS not moving Eriksson at the deadline and instead letting him walk for nothing but have a terrific asset in Krug and are ok with doing the same?

Very very very different scenarios. With Loui, it was clear he wasn't going to be part of the team's next cup push and that the Bruins had no shot at any success that year. Not moving him (or Carl Soderberg) was complete mismanagement, especially with what the going rates were for players those years.

This team has a chance to win a cup, and they proved that by being 60 minutes away from one last season. If we're at the deadline and the team is sitting in 8th? Absolutely, move Torey for what you can get...but I anticipate the Bruins being a top 4 team in the entire Eastern Conference again. Right now, if they can't get a deal done then Torey is a "rental" for the 2020 cup run. I'll take it.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Aren't we going to have to lose one / four during the next expansion draft of any of the combos?

Unless we protect less forwards?

Yup.

No chance Krug signs anything that could expose him to Seattle. Which means you are losing Gryz if he keeps improving and thus clearly the guy they are going to want over someone like Moore.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm not seeing Gryz as a top pairing defense-man long-term, even if him and McAvoy do make a good pairing and have chemistry.

Vaak/McAvoy
Krug/Carlo
Gryz/Lauzon
Clifton

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Josi-McAvoy
Lauzen-Carlo
Gryz-Clifton
Urho
Moore/Kampfer

That looks dominant to me. Whomever wins the battle to play with Carlo on the 2nd pairing between Urho and Lauzen will do well there and that will be the defintion of a shutdown pairing. Clifton Gryz 3rd pairing better than any 2nd in the NHL and eat bottom lines alive. 9 deep Im a big fan of Moore and Kampfer as insurance.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Personally, I think I am on the "let Krug walk" train.

With great sadness.

The PP WILL suffer. Krug rotating down to the half wall is really hard to defend when he can hit Bergeron and Pasta for one timers, DeBrusk on a redirect, or can send it down to Marchand down low to look for the same options from a different angle. How do you defend that?

With McAvoy out there it's just a different look. One with fewer shorties against likely. But with a lot less variants to defend unless McAvoy can prove his shot is dangerous.

If you can get Krug on a great deal maybe this changes. But, I assume with a new young family that term and no movement clauses are going to be very high on his list of desires, probably over AAV... and its term that really scares me with Krug.

The only train I am not on is the let krug walk train.

There’s 3 possible scenarios:

1) Extend Krug
2) trade krug
3) let krug walk

Have to go with either option one or two. Either need to sign him or get future worth out of him. It’s not worth just having one year of him and then having nothing beyond that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad