Which listed streak is the most impressive in NHL history?

• I'm a hater. Senators’ 38-Game Road Losing Streak

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elvis P

Stop! In the name of love/You can't hurry love
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

1710971258338.png

Elvis P

Stop! In the name of love/You can't hurry love
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Where is the Sabres missing the playoffs for 13 consecutive years? Talk about a record that's going to last forever.

Those are Division championship droughts.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I have a hard time voting for Hall. It's certainly the most unbeatable record but I'm not convinced its the most impressive. Goalies weren't faced with the athletic conditioning and challenges as the modern era's.

Voted the Flyers 35-game streak because it's at least translatable to today.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
A lot of great streaks, but I'm going with Bruins 29 straight playoff seasons. That's extremely hard to do

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Pittsburghs 17 game winning streak and AINEC

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
Gotta go with Glen Hall here. A really interesting thing about his streak without a mask is that it was almost accomplished in spite of his temperament. He actually found the sport very stressful and anxiety inducing. He even had a pre game ritual of vomiting before games. It’s easy to go to work when you love your job, but when it stresses you out constantly and you still don’t miss a single day, you’re just a different breed.

Last edited:

OrangePMD

Feb 2, 2021
Finland
I first voted Orr, but changed to Hall, once I realized his streak is almost twice as long as the next guy.

But the "without a mask" part is just unnecessary extra fluff for casuals IMO, because the entire top 5 on that list played without a mask. I can't find a longer list than that, but I'd be interested what the record is for a goalie with a mask. Probably less than 100, and considering how goalies are deployed these days, effectively an unbeatable record too.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Orr for me. Hall in a very close second. Catch me at the right time of day and it flips.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Winning 19 straight playoff series in a sport as prone to luck/weird bounces as hockey is pretty insane. It’s different from some of the individual streaks listed here but that’s what stuck out to me.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Winning 19 straight playoff series in a sport as prone to luck/weird bounces as hockey is pretty insane. It’s different from some of the individual streaks listed here but that’s what stuck out to me.

considering there's 4 series in the Playoffs nowadays wouldn't the Montreal one be tougher to beat by default because it would require 20 consecutive series wins to match though?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00