Which Left Wing will score the Most Points in the Next 10 Years?

Which Left Wing will score the Most Points in the Next 10 Years?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think Huberdeau probably will lead in the next couple years, but age out over the sample.

I think that's going to be the issue with everyone not named Lafreniere (won't be as acute with the guys in the low to mid 20's, but there's no Marchand/Panarin/Ovechkin type in that lot, IMHO). Voted Lafreniere for this reason . . . and on the (potentially false) assumption that there won't be an appreciable change in league scoring over the next decade.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
1. Laf- I’ve seen a lot of him. He’s basically bigger, faster Matt Tkachuk with a much better wrist shot (and better on the D zone wall plays too). He’s insane.

2. Gaudreau- with his skating ability he’s going to have a long career. And other than Laf I think he’s the only guy that jumps out to me as elite offensively in this group that isn’t too old.

3. Vrana/Connor/M. Tkachuk- (I think one of these guys has a better 2020s than Huberdeau)

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I really debated this, tough question.

Are Panarin, Huberdeau, Gaudreau really going to be scoring that much in their mid 30s? Is Lafreniere really going to score that much in the next couple seasons? And the in between guys just aren't quite as good.

I ended up going with Kyle Connor. I don't even think Connor is that great of a player but he's a lethal pure offensive player that could go 70-90 pts every year for the next ten years.

:huh:

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
He's a drag defensively and he's only a point per game guy if he's playing with elite linemates. But seeing as he is playing with elite linemates, he's a good bet to score around a point per game.
Yeah ok. You just project him as a top 15-50 offensive player in the league for his career but he's not great.

It's not him, its who he's playing with? But he lead the Jets in points. He must be the only top offensive player in the league playing with good players. Lol.

Then let's blame the F1 winger for his line's defensive play. Hilarious.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
1. Laf- I’ve seen a lot of him. He’s basically bigger, faster Matt Tkachuk with a much better wrist shot (and better on the D zone wall plays too). He’s insane.

2. Gaudreau- with his skating ability he’s going to have a long career. And other than Laf I think he’s the only guy that jumps out to me as elite offensively in this group that isn’t too old.

3. Vrana/Connor/M. Tkachuk- (I think one of these guys has a better 2020s than Huberdeau)

I went with Laf too, but he’s not as big as Tkachuk. Chucky is 6’2, Laf is 6’1.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

I donno about that, I watch a lot of Matt Tkachuk he seems quite a bit shorter. I guess I just think Laf is insanely strong on his skates. They both play that power forward game I just think Laf is stronger on his skates. Maybe Getzlaf is a better comparison

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Reported NHL heights are incredibly inaccurate. And beyond that, size is more than just height. I won't pretend I've looked into the size of either guy, FWIW. My comment is meant generally.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I donno about that, I watch a lot of Matt Tkachuk he seems quite a bit shorter. I guess I just think Laf is insanely strong on his skates. They both play that power forward game I just think Laf is stronger on his skates. Maybe Getzlaf is a better comparison

That’s what they are listed at.

He is super strong on his skates, just not a giant human like Getzlaf.

He’s like Landeskog size/strength with way more skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad