Which Left Wing will score the Most Points in the Next 10 Years?

Which Left Wing will score the Most Points in the Next 10 Years?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm going Gaudreau or Huberdeau. Voted the former. Lafreniere was tempting, but I'm going with proven 90+ point guys in their prime.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
That is a tough one actually - I feel like Panarin is too old and Laf is too young
Tempted by one of the Jet guys but for the sake of avoiding homerism, I'll assume Gaudreau had a down year and take him

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Lafreniere's years are the safest bet, includes his peak AND prime (most likely)

No reason the experts should be wrong about this kid

2nd most, Id go with M.Tkachuk and Connor. Although Brady will be interesting as the Sens improve with: Chabot and the 2x 2020 picks.

Last edited:

Zuluss

May 19, 2011
It will be funny if OV pulls a Jagr and scores more than anyone on the list. His best point-collecting days are well behind him, but he is very healthy and consistent and finishes top20 in points every single year.
Fun fact: since 2010/11, Ovechkin is 102 points ahead of #2 of LWs (Benn) and full 64% ahead of #10 (Parise) - and that's his post-peak years.
10-year intervals are funny that way.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I really debated this, tough question.

Are Panarin, Huberdeau, Gaudreau really going to be scoring that much in their mid 30s? Is Lafreniere really going to score that much in the next couple seasons? And the in between guys just aren't quite as good.

I ended up going with Kyle Connor. I don't even think Connor is that great of a player but he's a lethal pure offensive player that could go 70-90 pts every year for the next ten years.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Alexis Lafreniere.

He’s Gordie Howe-lite and I’ve been saying it since the Hlinka Gretzky tournament where he flat out dominated and was the best player on the ice just like he was at the WJC as a draft eligible.

First player since Sidney Crosby to be the back to back CHL player of the year.

Nasty, physical player in the corners. His reverse hit reminds me of Howe. Elite hockey IQ and vision. He’s a rare, rare talent.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Laf or Tkachuk are the obvious choices here given their ages. I went with Laf even through his first year will likely not be on par with the other guys. Think he’ll catch up quickly.

Reactions: Sweetpotato

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Matt Tkachuk slightly over Connor. I think he’s going to be capable of getting his own points with any type of line mates. I think Connor is more reliant on playing with great offensive players.

Lafreniere probably won’t be that far behind, but there’s also a chance he doesn’t hit like 70, 80 points before his third year and the other two have such a big head start.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Wow, can't say I'm shocked that an unproven NHL player that hasn't gotten out of major junior leads this poll.

Well the poll is asking for the next 10 years.
Guys like Ovechkin, Panarin, and Hall will retire within 10 years

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Went back and forth between Gaudreau and Lafreniere. Ended up picking Gaudreau as I think smaller high IQ players tend to age well (St Louis, Whitney etc). Especially if/when he gets a real top line center to play with.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Went back and forth between Lafreniere and M. Tkachuk. Ovechkin, Panarin, Hall, Marchand are too old. Gaudreau and Huberdeau are on the cusp, but those guys aren't on the level of Ovechkin or Panarin, and I don't see their success lasting as long. Finally decided on Lafreniere.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Lafreniere and its easy to see why. For one thing, he's not going to a trainwreck of a team, so he'll likely be put in a pretty good position to succed very early on. Then just based on age alone he will have the most years in his prime.

This still assumes he makes the transition and becomes as good as people think he will, but I don't think that's too far fetched. No one else listed is a sure thing for 10 years, maybe Tkachuk but I see Laf being a good deal better than him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad