Which league is the Nr. 6 or 5 in the World?

Which league is the strongest in the list?

• Total voters

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Agreed! I think it really started to show it's improvements around 2013ish. Even at the closing of the 10s the game was filled with just throwing ball into the box and then heading it back and forth - ping pong ball really.
Yeah I mean it’s not perfect but it’s still pretty good. You got teams like LAFC, Atlanta, TFC, Seattle, Crew etc. playing real nice football. Yeah you still got teams like Rapids and SJ who don’t play pretty but you also got teams like Atletico Madrid.

Reactions: robertmac43

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
I figured, I just know there are some on here that genuinely believe it's that good. It's still a league where you can grab players from random leagues and they become top players on a MLS club. Johnny Russell was a English Championship level player and Gadi Kinda played in Israel and they are some of Sporting KC's best players.

Huh 2 players that aren’t even top 5 players, on a bottom of the table team, is the way you evaluate MLS?!?!

But to get in front if other posts, MLS isn’t a top 10 league. Top 5 in the Western Hemisphere though!

Reactions: Basement Cat

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Huh 2 players that aren’t even top 5 players, on a bottom of the table team, is the way you evaluate MLS?!?!

But to get in front if other posts, MLS isn’t a top 10 league. Top 5 in the Western Hemisphere though!
You can pick and choose just about any club with that. Sporting was a top club with Russell as a top player a couple seasons ago. That shows it doesn't have the depth to compete and the top MLS clubs, which Sporting usually is, is no where close to good enough to compete with other leagues in this range.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad