which leaf would hurt the most to move?

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
The skills are not the same at all....Compete level and on ice vision is clearly Marner over Nylander as is leadership and work ethic.

I would not move Marner or Nylander.

Wow :amazed:

If you said you would give the edge to Marner then sure, personal opinions make us see things differently. But your use of "clearly" and "at all" and also regarding things like leadership and work ethic, something you and I or any other fan dont really know much about except for what we are being told.

Time will tell but I think you are wrong.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

If you said you would give the edge to Marner then sure, personal opinions make us see things differently. But your use of "clearly" and "at all" and also regarding things like leadership and work ethic, something you and I or any other fan dont really know much about except for what we are being told.

I stand by my opinion and I thought that Marner's play has clearly demonstrated that he has elite vision and a higher compete level!

Work ethic you can see ....as it is there when you watch a game.....leadership is harder to see but if you look closely enough you can see it in their actions.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

I agree with you, but I am not a Marner fan at all. I wanted us to take Hanifin at the draft, but we took Marner. I hope he works out, but I still think taking Hanifin, and then getting either Matthews or one of the big wingers in the top 3 this year would have been better for our future.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I stand by my opinion and I thought that Marner's play has clearly demonstrated that he has elite vision and a higher compete level!

Work ethic you can see ....as it is there when you watch a game.....leadership is harder to see but if you look closely enough you can see it in their actions.

Nylander also has elite vision. Perhaps Marner has more jam to his game then Nylander and that could mean he has a higher compete level. Could just be that Nylanders approach is just more effective?

Work ethic, something Nylander has been praised for repeatedly over the last couple of years. Not only for the shape he showed up in at the draft combine tests. And he was #1 in a lot of the tests, by a wide margin in some as well. And yes, that is because of his work ethics.
And it was his work ethics that allowed him to gain weight and strength in a short period of time so that he would be ready to lead the Marlies as their 1st line C. So I dont know why you dis one of his many key strengths?

Leadership, well, I actually have no clue there. Mitch is a captain so he could probably be the better leader of the two. Different situations one being a veteran and the other almost a rookie on their teams but I guess Marners more combative style is more energising for the players watching.

I dont think you appreciate the transformation from a skinny, all offensive junior player to a solid, both in appearance and style of play pro player that William have gone through in the last couple of years.

I am excited we have both but I dont put either Marner or Nylander clearly ahead of the other.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I agree with you, but I am not a Marner fan at all. I wanted us to take Hanifin at the draft, but we took Marner. I hope he works out, but I still think taking Hanifin, and then getting either Matthews or one of the big wingers in the top 3 this year would have been better for our future.

Thanks. Hanifin would have been a good choice to but I actually wanted Marner just as I wanted Nylander the year before. I dont think I ever will get 2 out of 2 first choices my way either again. ;)

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Nylander also has elite vision. Perhaps Marner has more jam to his game then Nylander and that could mean he has a higher compete level. Could just be that Nylanders approach is just more effective?

Work ethic, something Nylander has been praised for repeatedly over the last couple of years. Not only for the shape he showed up in at the draft combine tests. And he was #1 in a lot of the tests, by a wide margin in some as well. And yes, that is because of his work ethics.
And it was his work ethics that allowed him to gain weight and strength in a short period of time so that he would be ready to lead the Marlies as their 1st line C. So I dont know why you dis one of his many key strengths?

Leadership, well, I actually have no clue there. Mitch is a captain so he could probably be the better leader of the two. Different situations one being a veteran and the other almost a rookie on their teams but I guess Marners more combative style is more energising for the players watching.

I dont think you appreciate the transformation from a skinny, all offensive junior player to a solid, both in appearance and style of play pro player that William have gone through in the last couple of years.

I am excited we have both but I dont put either Marner or Nylander clearly ahead of the other.

I never dis him at all and in fact stated I would not trade either of them. I just value Marner higher for the reasons I stated.

Remember I stated:

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I never dis him at all and in fact stated I would not trade either of them. I just value Marner higher for the reasons I stated.

Remember I stated:

No, you have to see things and believe things exactly as I do :rant:

Ok, agree to disagree, kind of. Either way, we got 2 super talented young players to look forward to seeing more of.

;)

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
Out of the 2-3 players on this roster that are worth keeping, it's obvious Rielly is the most lucrative of them. I think the rest can be interchanged with low-priced free agent talent and we won't notice a difference with the on-ice product.

1AM

Jan 15, 2016
Atlantic Canada
should be asking which will hurt us the most if not moved

no leaf would hurt to move,

Bernier and phaneuf will hurt the team most if not moved

Go Leafs Go

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
I wouldn't move Rielly for near anything, as crazy as that is. I'm sold he's going to be a Duncan Keith 2.0 when he's done developing.

I agree. I think he can be that good. Would be nice to have another reliable 2way dman to play with as opposed to Hunwick. Who is more suited for the 3rd pairing.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I would put Nylander ahead of Marner. Same tools, equal skating but more likely to play C.

Same.

Nylander has been able to dominate at much higher levels of competition. I'm sure that eventually Marner may top out as the better NHLer, but until then Marner has more to prove.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Rielly.

Even if you move one of Marner or Nylander, the Leafs would still have the other .. Toronto has nobody like Rielly on the team or in the system currently.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012

this whole post is talking out of your ass.

Sorry but just cause you watch Marner and not Nylander doesn't mean you know all kinds of info about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad