which leaf would hurt the most to move?

saminator

Jan 24, 2016
I'm just curious to see which leaf player/prospect you guys would never move or would hurt the most to move if you had to. Not sure if this has been discussed before as I am new to the forums.

edit: clearly everyones choice is reilly...so minus reilly from the question. would anyone else hurt?

Last edited:

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
I'm just curious to see which leaf player/prospect you guys would never move or would hurt the most to move if you had to. Not sure if this has been discussed before as I am new to the forums.
The heaviest one.:sarcasm:
Actually though, none would hurt at all if the return works.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Ultimately it depends on the return... do I wanna move Nylander? no. If he was traded for McDavid? I'll drive him myself.

the only answer is Rielly of course. He's the face of their future.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I wouldn't move Rielly for near anything, as crazy as that is. I'm sold he's going to be a Duncan Keith 2.0 when he's done developing.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Komarov as stated many times but how about Kadri as another name? There could be one of those offers-you-can't-refuse for him that overvalues him. No doubt in my mind he has many more years left in him and he could be a part of an emerging Leafs' team but what if another organization makes a generous offer of futures for him? It could be tempting with the leverage of unrestricted free agency approaching. And a bittersweet trade to make.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Rielly, and I dont think it's close. Him, Nylander, and Marner have similar potential, but he's the most proven. He's also our ONLY legitimate bluechip piece on the blueline, whereas we have two up front, and will likely get another one this upcoming draft (more top forward prospects in the top ~5-6 picks than D options). And even after the bluechip prospects, I think we're deeper for forward prospects too overall.

On our farm, I'd rank Nylander ahead of Marner. So in terms of prospects, he's the last one I'd want to see moved.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Rielly. Finding an elite d-man with his set of skills, strength and mental attributes is not easy.

You can always find good players, like Gardiner, who have some of his qualities. But the complete package like Rielly are rare.

Nylander close runner up followed by Marner.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I don't consider Rielly for this question.

The answer is JVR, Dion, Kadri, Komarov, Jake

Any of those (excluding tenders) would have the most impact with JVR leading the charge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad